[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH KJ squeeze

    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      Joined: 04.01.2009 Posts: 5,133
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($14.92)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($5.07)
      UTG+1 ($12.59)
      CO ($10.22)
      BTN ($11.08)

      Dealt to Hero K:spade: J:diamond:

      fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.40, fold, fold, SB calls $0.35, Hero raises to $1.60, fold, SB calls $1.20

      FLOP ($3.60) 4:heart: 2:spade: 5:diamond:

      SB checks, Hero bets $2, SB calls $2

      TURN ($7.60) 4:heart: 2:spade: 5:diamond: 4:club:

      SB checks, Hero checks

      RIVER ($7.60) 4:heart: 2:spade: 5:diamond: 4:club: 7:heart:

      SB checks, Hero checks

      MP: 15/13/2.7, PFR from MP 18, fold to 3bet 75 (12), fold to cbet 50, 656 hands

      SB: 33/28/3.2, fold to cbet 71, 254 hands


      I think MP will fold preflop a lot and SB post flop, so I squeeze.

      On flop maybe its bad to cbet, because its low, so even with that high fold to cbet he will call. Don't know.

      I have to make him fold better kings or aces. Pairs he is not folding.

      edit:

      Also it might be hart to make him fold Ax because he has GS.
  • 4 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.11.2010 Posts: 2,320
      Hi Speed.

      I don't mind your squeeze much. The MP here I think is important, and since you looked into positional stats and have a decent sample that should be fine. I would just mind recent history (if you were tight/loose in the session lately).

      The SB is rather loose indeed. Interestingly he doesn't have such a big calling range at all, do you agree?

      His calling twice pre does seem a lot like pockets; not knowing the player could be anything from 22 to TT or even JJ. I'm not sure there are many K in his range; probably some suited A.

      As you said, on that board he won't fold much of his range. On the other hand, his range can't really hold too much pressure as it's not that strong (it would be good to know SB's WTSD).

      I think cbetting that flop and giving up is a mistake. It's better to just give up (your move was preflop) or barrel off once a 3 does not hit to make him fold his medium pairs and ace highs by the river.

      I'd usually give up there, especially not having much reads on SB. If this was deeper or a heads up 3bet pot I think there is more merit in cbetting small flop and turn to shove river (also keeping in mind any tendencies of him to check/shove the turn). But with a 4x open raise and a big squeeze we can't really pressure him enough 3 streets and I don't think cbetting larger on the flop and shoving turn will have as much fold equity.

      To sum up, I think cbet then give up is bad; that's exactly what he wants with his 99. Either, if you have room and reads, barrel or just give up.

      (but I'm day in, day off troubled on those spots as well so I asked a second opinion :D )
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      Joined: 04.01.2009 Posts: 5,133
      The SB is rather loose indeed. Interestingly he doesn't have such a big calling range at all, do you agree?


      If he is loose, I think he might have wide calling range. I would also include A9-AJ, KJ, KQ. Ok, may it is not that wide :)
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.11.2010 Posts: 2,320
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      The SB is rather loose indeed. Interestingly he doesn't have such a big calling range at all, do you agree?


      If he is loose, I think he might have wide calling range. I would also include A9-AJ, KJ, KQ. Ok, may it is not that wide :)
      He is loose, but loose aggressive. He doesn't call much pre.

      Well, with 250 hands we're just starting to get a minimum sample to start figuring out some general VIPIP/PFR on him. So far he raised 28% of hands preflop (a whole lot) but only called 5% of them (making to a total of 33% VPIP).

      Hint: 22-JJ is a 4,5% range.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

      Not worth to CB such a flop where his calling range is going to contain a lot of Ax hands and nor he isn't folding them. While it's a 3bet pot and our plan often times with the squeeze is to make them fold preflop then I'd just Check it behind on the flop.

      Best Regards.