CO bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

TURN ($1.75) T:club: 2:spade: 7:spade: 8:heart:

CO bets $1, Hero calls $1

RIVER ($3.75) T:club: 2:spade: 7:spade: 8:heart: 2:heart:

CO checks, Hero bets $1.85, CO calls $1.85

CO: 24/22/2.8, cbet 67, fold to 3bet 67 (6), 133 hands

30/20 in BB,
      28/20 in SB

we can call preflop to keep weaker aces and tens. But also blinds might want to squeeze. If we 3bet, we can make fold AQ, AJ, small PPs which would be good. He should not call that much OOP, so if he 4bets, we fold.

On flop and turn I play pot control line.
      On river maybe bit overplayed. But maybe we can still get calls from weaker Tx, so bet.
  • 3 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi Speed,

Def. you can 3bet there. Also, you should take into account recent history: have you been 3betting much? Do you think the opponent might 4bet as a bluff or get it in wide?

Unfortunately, with only 133 hands we can't tell the whole story; the fact that he folds 67% to 3bet is one thing, but our approach should change slightly if he calls or 4bets those 33% left.

As the blinds, if they are lose and very bad postflop I'd be more inclined to call, as they'll even call down worse aces and tens etc. However, if they are loose preflop but won't pay us of post it's not much use to bring them into the pot and I'd be more inclined to 3bet.

As played I think it's fine. CO's range is fairly wide and as you said it does have many worse Tx, as well as some 99 and FD with an ace. One more stat to keep an eye on is WTSD as it might help us figure if he likes to bluffcatch (however, 133 hands is a bit too soon for that).

One can't say there is loads of value on that river since he may well play JJ+ that way to induce a bluff from busted flush draws. All in all, I think it's close but there is space for a thin valuebet - anything between $1.5 and $2.5 I could go with.

I'm still bugged by his bet sizing. If he has more than Tx he def. lost quite a bit of value.

I think it's decent for us to bet river and see how he plays; if we check behind we get to see his cards but we'll keep wondering if he would have called an extra bet; in other words, if he checked to fold or if he checked to induce a bluff. Don't forget to make a note on him and adapt.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      You gueesed it ritht, he had JJ :)

As the blinds, if they are lose and very bad postflop I'd be more inclined to call,

But to play in 3way or 4way pot without initiative - hard to win something unles you hit monster.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      You gueesed it ritht, he had JJ :)

As the blinds, if they are lose and very bad postflop I'd be more inclined to call,

But to play in 3way or 4way pot without initiative - hard to win something unles you hit monster.
      Quite the contrary.

In multiway pots position is much more important since people will play so honest. The original raiser will cbet if he has a hand and check/give up much more often if he doesn't; the blinds will almost never check/raise as bluff into 3 opponents.

What that means is, of course, if people bet in multiway pots you have to respect them a lot more; but if you're in position and they show weakness by all means take down the pot as they'll respect you much more as well. In position you can take advantage of these two things+the extra info you get ;)