This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL AK cbet?

• adsefghijk
      adsefghijk
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2,47
      UTG2:
      $3,11

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , K:heart: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,02.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0,04, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0,16, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,36) J:spade: , 8:heart: , 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0,27, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0,63

Is it a mistake not to cbet on the flop? He is a fish (41/29) so he could have actually hit. Also I think he wouldn't fold any ace.
  • 2 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, adsefghijk!

Since you are out of position I don't mind that much just check/folding. It will avoid you some funky spots on later streets.

cbetting wouldn't be a huge mistake either. You do have two overcards and a backdoor flush draw, plus the board is only a bit connected but not all that much. But to be honest I don't expect a lot of fold equity and since you will have to check/fold many turns anyway I think you're better of just giving up on the flop against a very loose player.

I will ask for a second opinion though, just to be on the safe side :f_wink:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello adsefghijk,

Against such a player most likely we wont have much of fold equity, no draws/pairs/PPs are going to fold anyways and maybe he even calls looser. While he has also kind of higher AF then going for Check/Fold is totally fine.

Best Regards.