Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2,47
      UTG2:
      $3,11

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , K:heart: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,02.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0,04, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0,16, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,36) J:spade: , 8:heart: , 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0,27, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0,63

Is it a mistake not to cbet on the flop? He is a fish (41/29) so he could have actually hit. Also I think he wouldn't fold any ace.
  • 2 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, adsefghijk!

Since you are out of position I don't mind that much just check/folding. It will avoid you some funky spots on later streets.

cbetting wouldn't be a huge mistake either. You do have two overcards and a backdoor flush draw, plus the board is only a bit connected but not all that much. But to be honest I don't expect a lot of fold equity and since you will have to check/fold many turns anyway I think you're better of just giving up on the flop against a very loose player.

I will ask for a second opinion though, just to be on the safe side :f_wink:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello adsefghijk,

Against such a player most likely we wont have much of fold equity, no draws/pairs/PPs are going to fold anyways and maybe he even calls looser. While he has also kind of higher AF then going for Check/Fold is totally fine.

Best Regards.