This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 66 Quads Slowplay

• adsefghijk
      adsefghijk
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2,06
      UTG2:
      $2

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:heart: , 5:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0,06, 6 folds, Hero calls $0,04.

Flop: ($0,13) Q:diamond: , 5:spade: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0,09, Hero calls $0,09.

Turn: ($0,31) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0,31, Hero raises to $0,78, UTG2 folds.

Final Pot: $1,40

He is pretty tight (13/6/160 hands) and UTG2 so I put him on a PP (hopefully QQ+). Did I play correctly? Or should I have bet/called the flop and check/called the turn to get AI by the river? On the other hand, he would probable fold JJ, TT (if it's in his raising range) so I think I played correctly at the flop. My main doubts are about the turn. What would you do?
  • 3 replies
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      I think the standard play for this is to bet/bet/bet. Howecer since the villain's is very aggressive with 4.0 AF, you could consider to ch/c on the flop and turn, ch/r him on the river if you know he's capable of making a 3rd barrel bluffs or just b/r it.
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      Hi!

That line seems to stroong for me.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello adsefghijk,

Most likely you could even consider just Betting yourself. He will have pretty hard time Calling your Check/Raise on the turn but of course it's possible as well to play this way and I don't mind. Those players on those stakes are still able to pay with any Qx/overpair type of hand.

Best Regards.