Stack
      SB:
      $0,97
      Hero:
      $2,3
      BU:
      $1,1

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:heart: , 9:diamond:
      2 folds, BU calls $0,02, SB calls $0,01, Hero raises to $0,14, BU calls $0,12, SB folds.

Flop: ($0,30) Q:spade: , J:heart: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,22, BU calls $0,22.

Turn: ($0,74) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($0,74) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $0,74

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows two-pair, kings and sixes (Kh Kd)
      Hero shows (9h 9d)

BU wins with two-pair, kings and sixes (Kh Kd)
  • 3 replies
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      You cant really force better hands to fold, and there a ra alot of draws which will call you, and oop youll have no adea whter your ahead or not. So ch/f is better I think.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Since BU is midstack I don't think we have much room for any manoeuvre - I would play like you did. If he was full stack I would play like this:

Flop: I would cbet here. Problem is that he might slowplay his monsters behind us. But if he has some weakish hand he won't call 2 streets. If we don't cbet we can't expect to take it down - like never ever.

Turn: I think this is great card for us. He might call us with KQ, KJ, T9s, KT, some xx :spade: draw. I would bet $0,52. He folds most of his draws and he raises with better hands. This line is advisable against somewhat thinking players.

River: If we're called I think we have to give up this river - c/f.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sebsejr,

Nah, we wont force anyways better hands to fold there, nor Jx. The only hope is the guy to have some worse PPs or even just draws. Therefore the option of Betting the flop and afterwards giving it up is totally fine.

Best Regards.