$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB = ($9.25)
      BB = ($3.94)
      MP3 = ($4.12)
      CO = ($4.21)
      BU (Hero) = ($4.52)

villain unknown

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q :spade: , 7 :spade: .
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.10, BB calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.36) 7 :heart: , 3 :club: , 9 :spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26, SB folds.

Turn: ($0.88) 7 :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.63, BB calls $0.63.

River: ($2.14) T:club:( 2 players)
      BB bets $1.53, Hero ?

Maybe a bit lose prelop,i saw him in a few hands he played before dunking on flop in multiway so i decide to call on flop,turn bet is ofc for value... on river i`m inclined to fold because i put him on hands like 33,99,TT or some stupid backdoor flush... only hands i beat are like JJ+ witch i think he would have played differently... it might be another possibility like 9T quite plausible but that's just one hand.... no secret i folded river,what do you think?
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop: You didn't write whether you have some reads on opponents. If you decide to play I would be cautious not to overplay it if you indeed hit your Q or even 7. Seeing 2 calls isn't grea news.

Flop: Since we have position I like your call. He might have 9x but since board is so dry he might be scared of overcard on turn or/and river. If he continues on turn and we don't improve our hand then we're pretty much done with it.

Turn: We don't put him on backdoor. And if he has 9 he will like his 9x even more. There might be 97 possible but I don't think many 7 that beat us. That's why I would bet a bit more - $0,70. If he likes it he calls.

River: I'm not so much afraid of flush as I'm of 79, T7. I don't see sets being played like this often. I do see many worse 7 doing this and some A9 or K9, T9. His play is weird so I would probably call his bet. Looks like value bet but problem is that I'm not so afraid of 33, maybe 99, but this is not even a range, he has much wider range than that. His large bet might want to represent flush. I don't know I would just call it.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

Guess I'd most likely just fold it on the flop without having much of information the opponent. We can't even be sure what kind of outs are clean for us. :(

But as played yep, that's true that I'd really rather consider folding especially after his line when we did bet the flop & turn and then he decides to Bet so big. Not really worth to do hero-calls there. Not only sets but as well 68/J8 or whatsoever hands are also possible and of course flushes.

Best Regards.