Grab 'Em

• Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      In theory, Grab 'Em is a really useful tool for posting hands. In practice it is crap since it hardly ever (perhaps never) retrieves stats correctly and encourages inappropriate advice. This is somewhat ironic since much emphasis is placed at PS on posting hands in order to improve ones play.

Is someone ever going to put this right?

What chance has (White) Elephant dB of being remotely useful if Grab 'Em is so utterly unreliable?

Please fix Grab 'Em.
  • 8 replies
    • galam
      galam
      Bronze
      Grab'em should be fully integrated into Elephant.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by galam
      Grab'em should be fully integrated into Elephant.
      Why not furnish Grab 'em with the few lines of SQL required to correctly access existing dB's. It can't be too difficult since it could be a long-time before Elephant is up to speed as it is a massively complex project in comparison to Grab 'em. You also gain the immediate effect of having 1000's of improved posts across PSForums.
    • galam
      galam
      Bronze
      Well the hole developement Team is already working on Elephant, feel free to fix
      Texas Grab'em yourself. The SQL code is within the dir...

Elephant already includes a working version of Texas Grab'em
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      It would be nice if you told us which file to adapt and which SQL code to write in it ;) The AF problem has been bugging me too, and not everyone knows how to write SQL language.
    • galam
      galam
      Bronze
      Good question i'm not at home so, i couldn't look it up. I guess in Subdir there, i can tell you tomorrow ;)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      It's not just the AF, W$sd and other less important ones are bugged sometimes aswell, once something had a WTS of 200 :P
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      It's not just the AF, W$sd and other less important ones are bugged sometimes aswell, once something had a WTS of 200 :P
      Very true. AF is certainly the most persistent error but there are definitely others.

Originally posted by galam
      Well the whole developement Team is already working on Elephant, feel free to fix
      Texas Grab'em yourself. The SQL code is within the dir...

Elephant already includes a working version of Texas Grab'em
      Great. Then wouldn't it be nice if someone could paste the required SQL in this thread together with some clue as to which file needs appending in Grab 'Em.
    • galam
      galam
      Bronze
      For me its:
      C:\Programme\PokerStrategy\Texas Grab'em\formulas