Party Poker... are they dodgy or what??!!

• KutzALot
      KutzALot
      Bronze
      I'm fuming,

I received the free $50 and made a deposit so I can play in the freeroll in a few weeks, but now they have blocked my account.

I have come on this morning to play some raked hands and was told to contact customer services. They asked me if I knew of anyone by a name I don't know, and asked me to send documents off.

I don't have a scanner so I took photograhs of my passport, the name and address part of my bank statement, and my PRINTED Tax Return forms from the UK Government.

I understand the need to carry out checks, but if they were in doubt, how did my free cash go through and then only decide to block my account AFTER I made a deposit??

I am now waiting to access my account and play some poker before I have to go to work at dinner time.

Am thinking twice about playing Party Poker to be honest if they can block any account AFTER you make a deposit. It's my money that I put in, I should be able to access it.

Sorry for the rant, and I know it's nobody's fault here, I just want to get it off my chest!
  • 22 replies
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Standard.

Happened to me.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi kutzalot,

This is extremely standard across all poker rooms once you've deposited funds. They are only making sure that it is you that has deposited and not any one else acting as you.

They have your best interests in mind here, so I would do my very best to get this sorted efficiently and promptly.

I understand your frustrations, don't get me wrong here. However, this is all very standard and hope you get it solved as quickly as possible.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • KutzALot
      KutzALot
      Bronze
      Really????

How are they allowed to do that? Why don't they do the checks before anyone makes a deposit? If I deposit some money, that means I want to play when I have the available time, NOT when they decide to unblock my account.

I know there must be a lot of people trying to rip off the free cash offer, so they should make sure that people are who say they are before releasing it.

I'm so annoyed, lol.
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Yeah I was really frustrated when it first happened to me as well. They really should perform this check before people deposit.
    • KutzALot
      KutzALot
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hi kutzalot,

This is extremely standard across all poker rooms once you've deposited funds. They are only making sure that it is you that has deposited and not any one else acting as you.

They have your best interests in mind here, so I would do my very best to get this sorted efficiently and promptly.

I understand your frustrations, don't get me wrong here. However, this is all very standard and hope you get it solved as quickly as possible.

Best regards,
      Gary
      Hi Gary,

I know the are only doing their job and protecting me, but why decide to do this after a deposit is made? When you are making your first deposit, they could do it then so that once you have passed all their checks the money is released into the account. I made the deposit, played for about half an hour with it, logged off and then couldn't get back on...

It's that what has annoyed me. Also, what happens about the time activated bonus release funds on my deposit? Will that get extended if I can't get back on by lunchtime as I won't be able to play again now till tomorrow so a lost day getting in raked hands...
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KutzALot
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hi kutzalot,

Best regards,
      Gary
      Hi Gary,

I know the are only doing their job and protecting me, but why decide to do this after a deposit is made? When you are making your first deposit, they could do it then so that once you have passed all their checks the money is released into the account. I made the deposit, played for about half an hour with it, logged off and then couldn't get back on...

It's that what has annoyed me. Also, what happens about the time activated bonus release funds on my deposit? Will that get extended if I can't get back on by lunchtime as I won't be able to play again now till tomorrow so a lost day getting in raked hands...
      Hi again,

I would suggest asking Party Poker about those last questions. They would be best placed to answer those, I'm afraid.

Sorry I couldn't help you any further, we just don't have those specific details :(

Best regards,
      Gary
    • KutzALot
      KutzALot
      Bronze
      Sorry Gary,

I am not expecting you to have the answers, I just wanted to get it off my chest as I was rather annoyed this morning. To be honest, I didn't expect any replies as it was basically a rant.

I understand why they have to do this, I just didn't think they would do it after a deposit.

Thanks though for your time :)

Kutz
    • jpcool
      jpcool
      Bronze
      of course they stink!!! payments or cashier based accounts stinks so bad my money still doest arrived in my account blaming the banks!!! suspense account my arsse. i regret putting money that site!!!! doest pay back!
    • KutzALot
      KutzALot
      Bronze
      Still waiting for an email reply, 2 hours later so I rang them again. They are now saying the servers, (or something), was down and it will be another couple of hours before they will be able to even look at my email. It will then take a few hours longer and they will email me back when/if they unblock my account.

I made my deposit on Friday or Saturday, (can't remember exactly off the top of my head), so why the hell couldn't this all be sorted out then???? I never got an email saying they had blocked my account, I found out when I tried to sign in, which is too late because I want to play when I sign in....

I'm mad again!!
    • KutzALot
      KutzALot
      Bronze
      EDIT:

Calmed down a bit, and realized I have over-reacted "ever so slightly"!!!

Account still blocked, but will wait for them to deal with it.

Apologies to everyone who read this morning's grumpy outburst.

Kutz :heart:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey Nicola,

Let me look into this for you. Give me a few hours and hopefully Party Poker will reply in speedy way :)

Ingrid
    • KutzALot
      KutzALot
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hey Nicola,

Let me look into this for you. Give me a few hours and hopefully Party Poker will reply in speedy way :)

Ingrid
      Thanks Ingrid :)
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
    • KutzALot
      KutzALot
      Bronze
      :D
      Originally posted by Targetme
      I'm afraid so my furry friend!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      omg what is that? a monkey/ape?

poor thing :( don't make me sad guys!¬!!!!!
    • KutzALot
      KutzALot
      Bronze
      Have you heard anything yet Ingrid? I've still not had a reply and I have to leave for work in 10 mins.

I'm still feeling poorly, so might take a flyer tonight and get home early. Hopefully everything will be sorted by then! :)

Thanks again for taking time out for your help :D

Nicola
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KutzALot
      Have you heard anything yet Ingrid? I've still not had a reply and I have to leave for work in 10 mins.

I'm still feeling poorly, so might take a flyer tonight and get home early. Hopefully everything will be sorted by then! :)

Thanks again for taking time out for your help :D

Nicola
      we're sent an email to Party Poker but no response yet. This normally takes 24hours time though. So keep your fingers crossed.
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      One of the many reasons in which i dont play at party anymore im afraid to say.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      I've received a reply this morning and they promised your account will be activated shorty. :)