1) opponent(50bb) 3bet light and high fold to 4bet stats
      2)opponet(50bb) 3bet light and low fold to 4bet stats

thanks.
  • 14 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello JHTAN,

Doesn't matter really for me either it's case 1 or case 2. I am playing it pretty much the same way and folding my hand. He isn't even raising against LP or whatsoever but rather UTG/MP. He has to be really a maniac or we have to have a lot of hands on him to make it profitable in long run. Snap-fold in any case while we just have 10hands.

Best Regards.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello JHTAN,

Doesn't matter really for me either it's case 1 or case 2. I am playing it pretty much the same way and folding my hand. He isn't even raising against LP or whatsoever but rather UTG/MP. He has to be really a maniac or we have to have a lot of hands on him to make it profitable in long run. Snap-fold in any case while we just have 10hands.

Best Regards.
      Hi veriz,

I mean if we have let say 500 hands with him.
      how do you play for case 1 and case 2?

thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

Well, what's specific number for light? :) Most likely about the 4bet I wouldn't really case. Since if you even go for 4bet then most likely you also should plan to play for the stacks vs 50BB. :) But first we should ask if he is even 3betting light against UTG range as I already mentioned. Table dynamics come also into handy here.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze

Well, what's specific number for light? :) Most likely about the 4bet I wouldn't really case. Since if you even go for 4bet then most likely you also should plan to play for the stacks vs 50BB. :) But first we should ask if he is even 3betting light against UTG range as I already mentioned. Table dynamics come also into handy here.
      Actually, I wish to know do you consider calling 3bet if villain(50bb) always 3bet like 50% and only call 4bet shove with JJ+,AK. I am asking this because I see someone from BB always resteal me(I open raise from BU to 2.5bb and he 3bet to 8bb.)

thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Actually, I wish to know do you consider calling 3bet if villain(50bb) always 3bet like 50% and only call 4bet shove with JJ+,AK. I am asking this because I see someone from BB always resteal me(I open raise from BU to 2.5bb and he 3bet to 8bb.)

Nope, I am not really calling vs 50bb stack. Either I am 4bet/Folding it or just folding directly. That depends a lot on the table dynamics. That kind of question isn't something which is answered by default any by just stats.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze

Nope, I am not really calling vs 50bb stack. Either I am 4bet/Folding it or just folding directly. That depends a lot on the table dynamics. That kind of question isn't something which is answered by default any by just stats.
      I think we can't 4bet/folding vs 50bb stack because we are pot committed.
      So, do you mean you either 4bet shoving or just folding?

thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

Well, why do you ask then. :D If he guy is 3betting loose then we can't Call either vs him. What you gonna do on flop? You ain't gonna play your hand profitable by flatting especially against a 50BB guy. Rather then just fold. What were you thinking then, what you gonna do? As I said, we need stats/table dynamic. There isn't a default play for every play, against some we might 4bet/Fold, against some we just fold, against some we 4bet/broke. :) And if I am going to write down every specific spot and what kind of stats, what kind of situation, what kind of position, what kind of reads we would need to play any specific hand I would need days for the article. :(

Just give more information on the villain and we can continue, stats/expectations.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze

Well, why do you ask then. :D If he guy is 3betting loose then we can't Call either vs him. What you gonna do on flop? You ain't gonna play your hand profitable by flatting especially against a 50BB guy. Rather then just fold. What were you thinking then, what you gonna do? As I said, we need stats/table dynamic. There isn't a default play for every play, against some we might 4bet/Fold, against some we just fold, against some we 4bet/broke. :) And if I am going to write down every specific spot and what kind of stats, what kind of situation, what kind of position, what kind of reads we would need to play any specific hand I would need days for the article. :(

Just give more information on the villain and we can continue, stats/expectations.
      I mean the 4bet sizing.
      how much we 4bet and fold to 50bb stack's 5bet shove?
      Let say, we raise to 3bb and he 3bet to 10bb then we 4bet to 24bb and he goes all in to 50bb. So, we have to call 26bb to win about 74bb, that is we getting pot odds about 26%.
      I mean we can 4bet to 24bb vs 100bb stack but we have to 4bet shove vs 50bb stack. do you agree with me?

Sorry for my English.

thank you veriz. ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Don't worry about your English. But just the point is. Usually when I am going for a 4bet against a 50BB guy = I am going broke. Unless I really have GOOOD reads, without them I am just folding. Should be pretty simple. That's why I am asking for further information not just light 3bet. Table dynamics are really important in those spots. Of course I could say just fold to the action and wait for the good hand but as long you are searching for a correct move then you also should point out the stats & information.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Don't worry about your English. But just the point is. Usually when I am going for a 4bet against a 50BB guy = I am going broke. Unless I really have GOOOD reads, without them I am just folding. Should be pretty simple. That's why I am asking for further information not just light 3bet. Table dynamics are really important in those spots. Of course I could say just fold to the action and wait for the good hand but as long you are searching for a correct move then you also should point out the stats & information.
      so, what is your 4bet sizing against a 50bb guy? to 25bb or go all in directly?

thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, if we raise to 3xBB, opp. raises 8BB then most likely towards 20BB.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.23)
      BB ($4)
      Hero ($18.65)
      CO ($3.99)
      BTN ($10.15)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:spade:

Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.95, Hero?

how much you 4bet? $2.20? how about going all in directly since we are committed?
      I like to shove if I raise more than 1/3 of my effective stack.

thank you
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      looks like an easy shove to me!

he left with 3.05 if you 4bet him say to 2.20 he is left with 1.80 its like giving a free flop to him
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      how much you 4bet? $2.20? how about going all in directly since we are committed?

In that kind of spot and against his stack I am going broke. :) So I'd ship it directly. If he has a hand he wont change much anyways and will Call us.