[NL2-NL10] nl10 s/h qqs

• gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $11.37 (113.7 bb)
      UTG: $16.25 (162.5 bb)
      MP: $16.20 (162 bb)
      CO: $10.15 (101.5 bb)
      BTN: $17.30 (173 bb)
      SB: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q Q
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.40, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85) 5 A 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.65) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

River: ($3.25) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.80, Hero folds

Results: $3.25 pot ($0.15 rake)
      Final Board: 5 A 9 T J
      Hero mucked Q Q and lost (-$1.60 net)
      MP mucked and won $3.10 ($1.50 net)
  • 5 replies
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      should of carried on raising, maybe he senced weakness?
    • gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      yh wanted to, just thought every card that came out was bad for me and seemed every thing got there by the river.. probly 3bet pre would of been better?!
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gambleallin
      yh wanted to, just thought every card that came out was bad for me and seemed every thing got there by the river.. probly 3bet pre would of been better?!
      Definitely 3-bet pre. As played I would just check/fold the flop. You're out of position and basically hoping that a) the turn and river are kind to you b) he stops betting on the turn.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MJPerry

Definitely 3-bet pre. As played I would just check/fold the flop. You're out of position and basically hoping that a) the turn and river are kind to you b) he stops betting on the turn.
      This.

There might be one or two situations where you could just call with your QQ preflop against early position raisers - especially if you have a read they are way way too tight; but being out of position will not be one of those reasons.

Playing out of position is a huge disadvantage and you should: 1) avoid it with weaker ranges; 2) charge $ from your opponent if he does want to play in position vs. your strong range. That means, 3bet pre.

The problem is out of position you will always be in a guessing game; you won't be able to extract much money from weaker hands and you will end up paying off better hands than yours.

As played, I too like the check/fold the flop and you cut your losses. There could be an argument for calling once since he is betting so small, you could even call flop and bet yourself the turn into him; but mind that is turning your QQ into a bluff and getting yourself into spots you don't need to in order to be profitable at NL10.

All in all, just play simple poker: if you have such a strong hand like QQ pre, 3bet it for value. If the flop is bad for you and your hand can't hold the pressure, just fold.
    • gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      ty for the info. see what ur saying thx every1 :)
      thought after looking at it, that i should of 3bet pre.