This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl 10 s/h kks

• gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $10.66 (106.6 bb)
      UTG: $22.04 (220.4 bb)
      MP: $11.92 (119.2 bb)
      CO: $7.50 (75 bb)
      BTN: $4.02 (40.2 bb)
      SB: $4.05 (40.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K K
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.40, BTN folds, SB calls $0.35, Hero raises to $2, CO folds, SB calls $1.60

Flop: ($4.40) J J 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $8.50, SB folds

Results: $5.20 pot ($0.24 rake)
      Final Board: J J 7
      Hero mucked K K and won $4.96 ($2.56 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$2.40 net)
  • 5 replies
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Nice hand.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, gambleallin!

Indeed nice hand. Considering his stack, 99,9% of the time it will be good to just put him all in there. He might call us with all sorts of worse hands, including 7x... if he has a J, well, we just need to dust it of and carry on playing well.

On the other hand, with some reads on villain I don't mind all that much just a call there. He will have, what, $1,60 behind for a pot of $3.2... and he might try again a small bet on the turn thus committing himself, or he might think we only have A high and will shove his 7x, etc; in this hand we are either way ahead or way behind, there is nothing really to "protect" against and the only card we don't want to see is an A - and of course we are not even folding if an A peels.

So yeah, having a read that villain would be more likely to do something stupid in the following streets I wouldn't think a call is horrible. But due to stack sizes raising will indeed be "standard" so well played!

Keep it up!
    • gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      ty, did'nt think he'd fold tbh with what was in the pot, + his stack.. but he snap folded lol. which made me think if i should of let him lead. thx
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gambleallin
      ty, did'nt think he'd fold tbh with what was in the pot, + his stack.. but he snap folded lol. which made me think if i should of let him lead. thx
      Just make a note on him. Next time he bets this small on such a dry board you can probably call if you have a very strong hand and raise if you have nothing :P

Remember: it's very important to adapt to your opponents, don't just play your cards.
    • gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      Cool, thx.