[NL2-NL10] nl 10 s/h kks

• gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $10.66 (106.6 bb)
      UTG: $22.04 (220.4 bb)
      MP: $11.92 (119.2 bb)
      CO: $7.50 (75 bb)
      BTN: $4.02 (40.2 bb)
      SB: $4.05 (40.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K K
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.40, BTN folds, SB calls $0.35, Hero raises to $2, CO folds, SB calls $1.60

Flop: ($4.40) J J 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $8.50, SB folds

Results: $5.20 pot ($0.24 rake)
      Final Board: J J 7
      Hero mucked K K and won $4.96 ($2.56 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$2.40 net)
  • 5 replies
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Nice hand.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, gambleallin!

Indeed nice hand. Considering his stack, 99,9% of the time it will be good to just put him all in there. He might call us with all sorts of worse hands, including 7x... if he has a J, well, we just need to dust it of and carry on playing well.

On the other hand, with some reads on villain I don't mind all that much just a call there. He will have, what, $1,60 behind for a pot of $3.2... and he might try again a small bet on the turn thus committing himself, or he might think we only have A high and will shove his 7x, etc; in this hand we are either way ahead or way behind, there is nothing really to "protect" against and the only card we don't want to see is an A - and of course we are not even folding if an A peels.

So yeah, having a read that villain would be more likely to do something stupid in the following streets I wouldn't think a call is horrible. But due to stack sizes raising will indeed be "standard" so well played!

Keep it up!
    • gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      ty, did'nt think he'd fold tbh with what was in the pot, + his stack.. but he snap folded lol. which made me think if i should of let him lead. thx
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gambleallin
      ty, did'nt think he'd fold tbh with what was in the pot, + his stack.. but he snap folded lol. which made me think if i should of let him lead. thx
      Just make a note on him. Next time he bets this small on such a dry board you can probably call if you have a very strong hand and raise if you have nothing :P

Remember: it's very important to adapt to your opponents, don't just play your cards.
    • gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      Cool, thx.