[NL2-NL10] nl10, fr, 53o

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $10 (100 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)
      SB: $16.76 (167.6 bb)
      BTN: $10.45 (104.5 bb)
      MP: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3 5
      CO posts BB OOP, MP folds, CO checks, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.25) 4 3 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, CO raises to $0.48, Hero raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.02

Turn: ($3.25) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.09, CO raises to $8.40 and is all-in, Hero calls $5.31 and is all-in

River: ($20.05) A (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results: $20.05 pot ($1 rake)
      Final Board: 4 3 5 T A
      Hero showed 3 5 and lost (-$10.00 net)
      CO showed 6 7 and won $19.05 ($9.05 net)
  • 4 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, DrDunne!

Please try not to post results as they might influence the evaluation - and they shouldn't!

Have you heard the saying "never go broke in an unraised pot"?

Yes, in times he might be bluffing, overplaying a random hand, or just playing draws very aggressively (and mind that many draws have a pretty good equity against you on the flop).

Problem is: we don't know the villain, how he plays or his tendencies. He might be a super passive player who only raises the nuts!

I like your flop bet, and I would at most call his minraise and play from there. If I don't improve and get too much action I'd as well fold. You're behind so many random hands on the turn, like 54, A2, 67, 55, 44, 33, T5, Tand we're not even completely smashing a flush draw with a 6, a 2, even an A (with GS) or a T (which has outs for trips, 2 pairs and the 8 FD outs).

Weak two pairs are a very vulnerable hand - especially in limped pots where you can't even have a better idea about ranges. Your hand is quite different than having AQ on AQ5 board.

So yeah, I'd bet flop as well, at most call his minraise and play from there, probably just check/fold turn if he bets big again. As played I think you might even win some pots at this limit but it's still a bit (if not quite) overplayed...

I'll ask Veriz a second opinion though, maybe he has some different ideas or lines...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Pretty easy hand for us. I don't ever see any reason to even 3bet it on the flop. There are already a lot better hands possible, straights, sets. At the best we could consider just Calling vs his min-raise but more kind of Check/Fold for me, since we can't even be sure what kind of player he is and we wont be able to Call the turn anyways so easily, not many cards would help us there.

Pretty much overplayed your 2pairs in freeplay pot.

Best Regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      :facepalm: :f_frown:

thanks for the evaluation guys. hello luizsilveira - i didn't think about the results but i will sort that out from now on.

i posted this cos i didn't really think about the hand, i just saw 2pair and went crazy. i planned to just get it in once i saw i hit which is terrible, so i will make sure i think logically next time.

thanks again.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      :facepalm: :f_frown:

thanks for the evaluation guys. hello luizsilveira - i didn't think about the results but i will sort that out from now on.

i posted this cos i didn't really think about the hand, i just saw 2pair and went crazy. i planned to just get it in once i saw i hit which is terrible, so i will make sure i think logically next time.

thanks again.
      No worries.

When you hold a strong hand and get lots of action you always have to think if villain can't have a strongER hand :D

It's very easy to get excited and just bet bet bet but we actually must stop, breathe and think the hand through each time we face a decision.