This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hi, I finally made it

• Equalibrio
      Equalibrio
      Bronze
      Hi everybody..
      My name is Damien and I finally got my ass up to register and actually use the forum.
      I have been playing poker for about 5 years now. About 3 years as a .. lets say, semi professional. I had a long stretches I was living completely off of poker but since I also learned a freelancer job. I still took jobs in that one as well.
      Anyway, I was living in the U.S. until the end of last year and have been playing live cashgames, the occasional online mtts and very few live tourneys.
      I was playing everything from 1/3 up to 10/25. But was a 2/5 reg for most of the times.
      I moved to Vienna in the beginning of this year played a lot of 1/2 and 2/5 live cashgame and starting to play a loot of online mtts and mtsngs.
      I kinda shreddered my br a couple of times and haven't quit managed to get back up again. I stopped playing live cashgames since I came to the conclusion that you can't beat tips, variance and the ridic. high rake in Vienna. So I started to concentrate on low (100€+) and midstake live mtts and online mtts and the 180player sngs on stars.
      Well, since the middle of this year I keep loosing every hand, every session and and basically everthing I play. Ran under Ev of about 40k hands in a row and even dropped down to the lowest stake and yet I keep loosing 100 buy ins in 180 sngs..
      So I really felt like I need change. So now I'm here to talk to other people, maybe get staking opportunities and really improve my game..
      Well, that was a lot for my first post so Imma let you start now.. ;)
  • 10 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Damien,

a warm welcome to our forums!

hmm Vienna, that is where one of our most popular coaches is from. you should check out TwiceT's blog. :) good stuff in there.

Monkeymode: I like to move it move it

do you play NL Cash games? if you want to start from the beginning completely, then you might be interested to take our Beginner's course (link is in my sig).

Oh, i see you've been playing mtt's too. well, i'm not the expert in those, but i know enough to understand that they have the toughest and most brutal variance of all.

look forward to seeing you around the forums and participating in the discussions.

smiles,
      wendy
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      You spelt your name wrong.. its Damian, not Damien :D

Anyway nice to meet you :D

Take some time to get involved :) Enjoy your stay, need anything just ask.
    • Equalibrio
      Equalibrio
      Bronze
      Oh wait.. *IDcheck* no, it's really spelled Damien ;)

Well, yeah, like I said. I played a lot of cashgame.. Almost exclusively live tho..
      I know that mtts have much higher variance but that's why I play the 180s. I know that there is a lot of variance in them as well but since I play 100 every night that should even out pretty fast...
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Well my name is Damian.. so Damien is wrong :D
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      :D :facepalm: at the Damien/Damian's in there :f_biggrin:

looks like you're getting a lot of volume in :s_cool: nice job with that.

btw i noticed you're still basic. do you want to get your $50 starting capital?
      or maybe you've done the quiz already but haven't picked a room yet?

lemme know if you need some assistance.
    • Equalibrio
      Equalibrio
      Bronze
      Well, thanks. I already finished the quiz and chose a room. I now have to provide my papers. I'll do that today but I already have an account on pretty much every site there is so I can't put in the bonus account anywhere ^^
      Is that a problem?
    • TonyRice
      TonyRice
      Bronze
      Fraid so matey you can obviously only make one account per poker room. you have accounts at all our partners where we offer the starting capital already? If so maybe you can check out our other partner rooms and take advantage of one of our extra cool first deposit bonuses, you can check out a full list of our partner rooms here:

Partner rooms

Carl
    • nowandthen12
      nowandthen12
      Bronze
      welcome and gl
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      congratulations
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop