[NL2-NL10] NL25: TT too aggressive?

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Just won a pot I was more than 25BB stack. Nevertheless sometimes on tables I'm "feeling well", means mainly tight tables I even decide to play hands I would play as shortstack also, especially PP.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:heart: , T:diamond:
      UTG+1 calls $0.25, UTG+2 calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls $1.25, UTG+2 calls $1.25.

Flop: ($4.85) 6:club: , 5:club: , 2:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, UTG+1 calls $1.50, UTG+2 calls $1.00.

Overpair, strange play from UTG+1 I decided to play this hand aggressively

Turn: ($9.35) 3:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 bets $1.90 (All-In), Hero raises to $4.98 (All-In), UTG+1 calls $4.98.

Turn for me was a blank with overpair, even though a straight for a 4 arrived here. Against two pair or set I'm way behind, didn't give both opponents a higher pocket, due to the strange games of both. Didn't want to just call here but to get UTG+1 out of this hand, because I didn't think he had anything, maybe a draw.

Looking at this hand now, it was a quite risky play so yr comments are welcome.

River: ($21.21) K:heart:

Final Pot: $21.21
  • 7 replies
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      $.50 into $4.85 pot :/

Not sure if you should fold to this ultra weakness or not but if you wanna raise, would it not be better to push the flop?
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      with a normal sss stack I would do immediately, but as I had more than 25BB before the hand I was concerned and thought a normal reraise would be enough, the more against two opponents which plays I couldn't really put on a hand.

But maybe you're right, if I'm willing to go broke on the turn, why not use my complete FE on the flop.

still a strange play of my opponents to me;)
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      If I were in this situation,I would push on flop.By the way,what was the results on
      showdown?very interesting because of your opp`s play. :)
    • carusel
      carusel
      Bronze
      push flop
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gremlin68
      with a normal sss stack I would do immediately, but as I had more than 25BB before the hand I was concerned and thought a normal reraise would be enough, the more against two opponents which plays I couldn't really put on a hand.

But maybe you're right, if I'm willing to go broke on the turn, why not use my complete FE on the flop.

still a strange play of my opponents to me;)
      Very strange, I usually suspect monsters when I see this kind of bet but it might be an incorrect assumption to make. I think more likely trying to buy a (very) cheap card on some sort of draw.

I can see your reasoning though, If you had the intention of folding on the turn with a scare card then your play has logic imo.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      On such a drawy board and against 2 opps push flop is definitely an option. as played also fine.
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      On such a drawy board and against 2 opps push flop is definitely an option. as played also fine.
      Yep I agree push flop is defínitely good.

Think I was a little bit too scared to lose the money I won before and irritated by their strange check call play, but there's no way to lay down an overpair in this case.

Now knowing that they played it with 9d5d and Ad9d made their play a little bit clearer for me (doesn't make it really good, but understandable) with several draws indeed and having their flush draw on the turn, which makes it easier for them to call my reraise push.

So I would have been in a little bit better shape pushing the flop.

Poker is so easy knowing opponents hands ;)

So this time the risk was paying out for me so no complains.

Thx. for yr. meanings:)