The Top 10 Silver Videos in 2011: Your Thoughts

• EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hello fellow PokerStrategists!

I'm sure that you will all be in agreement with me and the team at PokerStrategy.com when we say that 2011 has been quite the turbulent year for the poker industry.

Massive changes in the lives of online poker players - from pros to recreational beginners - means that our community is now more important than ever. As such, we are pleased to say that we have seen drastic expansion in our video selection in comparison with previous years.

Of course we could not have done it without our awesome coaches, who have put in a lot of work over the past year.

junglemanleatherass9jens
      adminjunglemandanadminleatherass9adminJensKyllonen
      yourdoommoshmanscott clements
      adminYourDoomPoker adminCollinMoshmanadminScottClements

Just six of our stable of fantastic coaches and video producers

We want to give a special thanks to all our seriously dedicated video producers, who have put in a ton of effort to ensure that PokerStrategy.com remains the best place to get an education in poker.

We would of course be remiss if we did not thank all of our members for supporting the site, building our awesome community and loving the game of poker as much as we do!

We recently released a news piece highlighting the Top 10 Silver Videos of 2011:

It's Good to Be Silver: Top 10 Silver Videos of 2011 Plus Downgraded Gold Videos

We ask you:

What was your highlight for 2011?

What would you like to see in 2012?

Your video team wishes you a fantastic Christmas, a very happy New Year and the best of luck for 2012!
  • 10 replies
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      2011: The addition of Collin Moshman to the team was obviously a huge plus, but I would also like to commend lessthanthree on both the quality and the volume of the videos he produced over the last 12 months.

2012: More Omaha content would be great. It seems that PokerStrategy is already working in that direction.
    • Yoghurt1973
      Yoghurt1973
      Bronze
      I would liked to have seen some downgraded Limit videos of Cornholio or Boomer.
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      me too, since I will lose my gold soon
    • bazerk
      bazerk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghurt1973
      I would liked to have seen some downgraded Limit videos of Cornholio or Boomer.
      +1.
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey,

Thanks for your feedback guys! Keep it coming!

We have two recently released video from Boomer2k10, which are Silver Status

Micro Surgery - Part 8 - Midterms - Part 1
      Micro Surgery - Part 9 - Midterms - Part 2

But, I have realised there was very little Silver Fixed-Limit Videos from October until now, so I acknowledge that it's good to downgrade one Fixed-Limit Gold video.

So just for you guys, I've put this video down to Silver...ssssshhhhhhh..... :f_p:

The Three Stages of Minbet - Part 2

Feel free to share any more thoughts & we will see how we can accomodate.

-E
    • bazerk
      bazerk
      Bronze
      Thanx Euan, appreciate it :f_biggrin:

Had a thought while I watched it. I know it's pretty rude to ask for vids to get downgraded, but what if you guys downgraded say 1 vid per week/fortnight for a limited time or something like that.
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey,

Nice suggestion I like it!

1 Video per week is most likely too much, but I think this is a really good idea, perhaps we can run a poll once a month to determine which video could be downgraded for the time period; I think this could for sure be implemented!

Perhaps once per month is something more realistic, a few questions to discuss;

What should be the criteria for the shortlist of videos you can vote on?

What steps can we take that variety is present in the downgraded videos?; (e.g. I can see the Gametype with the most players would frequently get the most votes)

How long should the video be downgraded for?

How should we decide the new status of the video taking into account what we offer any status which may be below or above the new temporary status?

How do we ensure everyone who voted for their video is satisfied?, even if theirs did not get chosen.

I can see this being a really good thing to do with Platinum videos to Gold, but for Gold to Silver, I think it makes less sense, as it's only 400 StrategyPoints to reach Gold from Silver, whereas its 2000 from Gold to Platinum, I think this would offer a far greater benefit to the Gold community. What do you think? Would you grind up to gold to be part of something like that? I know I would! :D

I'll begin some internal discussion to explore the viability of implementing this, it can be awesome imo!

Take care & let me hear any further suggestions!

-E
    • bazerk
      bazerk
      Bronze
      Wow, I wasn't expecting such a positive response.

I can see this being a really good thing to do with Platinum videos to Gold, but for Gold to Silver, I think it makes less sense, as it's only 400 StrategyPoints to reach Gold from Silver, whereas its 2000 from Gold to Platinum, I think this would offer a far greater benefit to the Gold community. What do you think? Would you grind up to gold to be part of something like that? I know I would!

I agree with this, even though it's hard for me to achieve gold, ( On my tracked site not enough traffic when I play, and BR too small) the gold members are probably the most deserved.

As for the rest of your questions, you could just discuss a couple of possible options with the rest of the staff, and then run a poll to see which option members like best.

These are just my thoughts. I'm sure some members ideas combined with staff ideas can come up with a pertfect idea :f_biggrin:
    • Yoghurt1973
      Yoghurt1973
      Bronze
      Thank you very much.
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      It's great for us to hear the thoughts within the community, so I encourage everyone to share.

As for the videos, it doesn't make sense to temporarily downgrade Gold videos to Silver as much as permanently downgrade them, even with this in mind, the Silver content is far more than enough to get even Platinum status, and quite easily Gold too. At the moment, we are aiming to increase the educational value of our Gold rated content, as it allows our Gold members to gain access to the highly valued Platinum content and another step further to all the sick stuff that comes with Diamond & Platinum!

In poker it all really comes down to your dedication & willingness to succeed as I'm sure you know, but a solid knowledge is something absolutely required; and that's what we want to offer our members! :f_cool:

This is also why we are trying to streamline our content by gathering some user feedback about the collection of videos; we believe the community and ourselves can work together to offer something more than simply downgrading videos, but some more in-depth experience & educational based feedback.

Also ensure you take full advantage of the services such as Coach & Hand Evaluation as well as the Video section, our coaches & staff put a ton of effort to really ensure a fantastic poker knowledge base is available to everyone!

Please share any thoughts everyone! :f_p:

-E