NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($12.26)
      BB ($15.15)
      UTG ($20.52)
      UTG+1 ($4)
      CO ($8.56)
      BTN ($11.58)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, BB calls $0.30, BTN calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.20) Q:club: A:diamond: 3:diamond:

Hero checks, BB checks, BTN checks

TURN ($1.20) Q:club: A:diamond: 3:diamond: 6:heart:

Hero bets $1.14, BB calls $1.14, BTN raises to $11.18 (AI), Hero raises to $11.86 (AI), BB folds

I fucked up by not betting the flop.Not realising at time that there aint many Aces or Qs left and probly none of my oppoennts has any.
      Should I fold hes shove on turn, since it looks really strong?
  • 2 replies
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey Sinnology,

I will review your hand as part of my homework.
      On the flop: As you mentioned you made the trouble come to you. You had to cbet. Especially if you take into account that this is not a safe board.

As played: I think for a call we would need more infos. I mean do you think that this player would push here also with worse two pair? He looks like he represent more likely a two pair and does not you guys allow to draw then just shipping like this with a set. Of course you can have an argument as you didnt invest much but this decision depends on the type of opponent and his overall play but I think going broke there isn t huge mistake. Because if we take out QQ and AA there are 2 hands that beat us and much more hands that we beat so a call here should be fine. For security hope for an A. We will see what the judge says. GL!
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, Sinnology!

Indeed, always bet your strong hands. You want to get value!

If they don't have anything to call you with, so be it and let's move to the next hand. But if they do have a weaker ace, a queen or a flush draw, we *must* go for value and charge them! That's how we make $ on poker.

As for the turn, it is extremely villain-dependant. If the guy is quite passive I might even fold; but if he is aggressive or easily tilts (some people get upset if we raise them preflop) I'd go ahead and make the call.

Thing is, since you checked the flop he thinks you're weak, and might think you're bluffing the turn. Plus he can easily play like that a hand like A6 and even A3, not to mention he can have used your weakness to bluff with a flush draw and hands like that.

Yes, from time to time he will also have 33 or 66 but that's about it. You block a bit AA and QQ I think he would have either raised pre or bet flop; we can't say he will never have them here but I think it's *really* unlikely.

So against most bad players but those very very passive ones I'd go ahead and make the call. It's good to say a bad fold is often better than a bad call, so if you have doubts or didn't really have a grasp on how your opponent plays a fold is 0 EV and I don't think can be seen there as a big mistake. I do think calling will be +EV often though.