BB: $5.10
      UTG: $12.82
      MP: $3.55
      CO: $4.65
      Hero (BTN): $5.30
      SB: $7.88

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has J:heart: Q:heart:

fold, MP calls $0.05, fold, Hero raises to $0.25, fold, fold, MP raises to $0.45, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.97, 2 players) 6:heart: T:diamond: Q:diamond:
      MP bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.50, MP calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.97, 2 players) 3:club:
      MP checks, Hero bets $1.50, MP raises to $2.60 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.10

River: ($7.17, 2 players) 2:spade:

Welllll hi ho! I dont really remember villain stats but gap betwen VP and PFR was noticable so i assume he was rather recreational player.

After he limped from MP i was thinkin about his range like Jxo+, something he want to play but was afraid to raise and get 3bet. From BU standart isolation with QJs no? But then he min 3bets me, at this point anything i could think of was either a trap with monster or he got little mad becouse i raised him.

With position and decent cards i called to outplay him on flop and i hit TP and backdoor draws. But i think this raise on flop was unnessesary and anything fruther was simply overplay by me.

How do you play this?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello MonaiPlox,

Well, usually against such a trap-line I'd even pick passive line postflop rather than raise it. He will anyways have hard time to play for the stacks and usually people like to limp/Raise with hands like KK/AA. Could easily be trap.

But otherwise if you even raise then raise it bigger on the flop since you are giving very good odds for a draw. Make it ~$1,40 and ship the turn rather than make such a play.

Best Regards.