UTG: $10.21
      UTG+1: $5.00
      MP: $4.43
      MP+1: $5.00
      LP: $2.01
      CO: $2.16

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:heart: A:club:

fold, fold, MP calls $0.05, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.35, fold, MP calls $0.30, fold

Flop: ($0.80, 2 players) Q:club: 3:diamond: K:club:
      Hero bets $0.60, MP calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.00, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero bets $1.43, MP calls $1.43

River: ($4.86, 2 players) K:spade:
      Hero bets $0.75, MP calls $0.75

Hero shows A:heart: A:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Kings) (Pre 81%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
      MP mucks 9:diamond: 9:club: (Two Pair, Kings and Nines) (Pre 19%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins $6.06

What do you say to my line here?
      I think I tried a block bet on river as I didn't like to call a big riverbet.
  • 2 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, StraGus!

Nice hand!

The blockbet is very opponent-dependant. Against players who are very bluffy it's better to just check/call and pick up a bluff. Against some others I'd just actually check/fold since they'd fold everything we beat if we bet and would check behind 100% if we check.

And a strong player would identify that blockbet easly and could raise it as a bluff.

Deciding for the blockbet I might go for a slightly bigger amount, like $1.5. I think he would call with the same hands and it's low enough to be profitable (if you think he is a good target that is).

But yeah, you did well... the idea is to bet small for him to call with trash indeed. Just too small might induce a raise more easily.

Oh, and please don't post results as they might influence the evaluation (and they shouldn't!) :) .

Good luck at the tables!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello StraGus,

Turning your hand into bluff-catcher on river isn't the greatest idea since there ain't gonna be many draws which missed. Since FD already got there on the turn. So therefore the only option where would be either to Check/Fold it or just block-bet/Fold it if we expect the opponent to really be rather loose side and have a lot of Kx hands in his calling range there. If he is rather tighter opponent and passive then I'd just Check/Fold.

But if you go for block-bet then I'd still go for a bit bigger on ~$1. But most likely he isn't Betting any Qx hands there anyways so I doubt that he is going to bluff so often.

Best Regards.