MP: $2.85
      MP+1: $5.51
      LP: $2.18
      CO: $4.93
      BTN: $4.00
      Hero (SB): $5.15

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has T:heart: A:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.05, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.03, BB checks

Flop: ($0.15, 3 players) J:spade: 2:heart: A:spade:
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks

Turn: ($0.15, 3 players) 5:club:
      Hero bets $0.11, fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.22, Hero calls $0.11

River: ($0.59, 2 players) 4:club:
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.55

UTG+1 shows A:club: 7:club: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 33%, Flop 21%, Turn 14%)
      Hero shows T:heart: A:diamond: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 67%, Flop 79%, Turn 86%)
      Hero wins $1.61

What should my line be on flop with TP oop - should I just bet out?
      Against one opponent I usually bet out when out of pos. In pos against 1 opponent I would Raise IP to see where I am
      Against 2 players oop I went for check call but the hand where messy from then on.
  • 4 replies
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      Hi!

What about pre isolation?
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, StraGus!

Actually, Echoes88 is right. Your hand is fairly strong but does not play well multiway pots - especially out of position. So it's better to raise it up to prevent the BB from coming along and thus playing heads up against the limper (who almost certainly has a weak range).

As played I think it's *ok*. Since his range is weak if be bet flop we fold too much. It's good to charge from flush draws but that's about it. So once you under-represented your hand I think it's fine to go on and bluffcatch.

I think much better, however, have isolated pre and probably cbet the flop. We'd get much more value against his weak ace!

Good luck at the tables, keep those hands coming! :evil:
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Just one thing: I don't like the raise top pair in position "to see where you're at". You turn your hand into a bluff: the opponent will fold worse hands and only continue with those that beat you.

In that sense, you're better off raising trash than a top pair!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello StraGus,

Preflop: Rather raise it preflop than limp in. The guy doesn't even have a small stack. We might gain fold equity right here or with the initiative postflop.

As played
      Postflop: I don't like the Check on the flop at all! Rather bet yourself and protect your hand than turn your hand into bluff-catcher. But otherwise that kind of thing even happened, just turned your hand into bluff-catcher and even overplayed a TP in freeplay pot. You just got lucky that you faces just such a hand which he kind of overplayed. But more often you gonna face rather stronger hands which would be for me even towards fold on the river while we are in freeplay pot.

Best Regards.