Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $1,38
      Hero:
      $2,06

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , K:club:
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $0,10, CO folds, Hero raises to $0,34, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,24.

Flop: ($0,71) A:diamond: , 7:club: , 5:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0,5, Hero raises to $1,72 (All-In), MP3 raises to $1,04 (All-In).

Turn: ($3,47) 6:club:
      River: ($3,47) T:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3,47

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (9d 9c)
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (Ac Kc)

Hero wins with a flush, ace high (Ac Kc)

I should have just called the flop to keep weaker hands in the pot right?
  • 3 replies
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      Hi!

I guess it doesnt make any difference, since he made himself potcommited with that donksize.
    • adsefghijk
      adsefghijk
      Bronze
      Sorry, I somehow missed that he had just $0.54 left when analyzing my hands. Definitely shove.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adsefghijk
      Sorry, I somehow missed that he had just $0.54 left when analyzing my hands. Definitely shove.
      Yup, nice hand.

I don't like just calling all that much to be honest, not even if he is full stacked. I know we have nothing to protect against since the nutdraw is ours, but mind that your opponent might be a lot less inclined to put the money in without a flush if the 3rd :club: hits; on the other hand, if he has a flush draw on the flop he is rarely folding anyway.

Plus, you also have to consider draws are much more stronger on the flop (since there are still two cards to come). So if he has a set on that flop, our draw is much stronger against it on the flop than on the turn with only one more card to come; that means if we put our money in on the flop we have much more equity than putting it in on the turn. :s_evil: