Hero ($3.96)
      BB ($7.28)
      UTG ($4.02)
      CO ($3.64)
      BTN ($4.12)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: 8:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.02, BB raises to $0.24, Hero calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.48) 6:heart: Q:diamond: 4:heart:

Hero checks, BB bets $0.36, Hero raises to $0.96, BB raises to $1.56, Hero raises to $3.72 (AI), BB calls $2.16

TURN ($7.92) 6:heart: Q:diamond: 4:heart: 2:spade:

RIVER ($7.92) 6:heart: Q:diamond: 4:heart: 2:spade: K:diamond:

vs reg
      19/16/3.5
  • 1 reply
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, mardmo!

Against a good opponent I'd prefer to just fold pre. We will be out of position and our hand will quite often be dominated by better Kx, meaning we will often hit top pair and get action to lose a big pot against a K with a better kicker.

If you decided to play the hand I would never, ever call preflop. That makes it too easy for your opponent to play against you as you're already signalling you don't have a strong hand. Even if you try to compensate this by calling sometimes with very strong hands to trap him, then you'll be losing lots of value with your very strong hands!

So best is: play only strong hands out of position, and play them aggressively since preflop to leave your opponents guessing since at any spot you could have a monster hand.

FLOP: I don't like the check/raise actually. Because once we check/raise (as a semi-bluff, since we have nothing but a Khigh flush draw) we start to think we have odds to go all in. But to be honest this is a bad spot to go all in, at best the villain has a Q and we are a bit behind, at worse he has a set or an A high flush draw (or AQ of hearts) etc. and he are a lot behind.

I don't see the need to put our money in such a thin spot; even if we are ahead, it's not by much.

See that we'd have much more control over the hand and equity if we had raised preflop and then bet the flop. Our opponent couldn't even discard QQ for us there.

If you have any questions, please let me know!