Threadsavers (with a thread and gif hand histories)

• Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze

Hi boys and girls.

I decided to make a new blog because the old one was too old and i didnt rly like its content very much, it was mostly full of my whiny posts about running like shit, didn't really post anything interesting for a long time, so i would like to start a new one.

First of, a little about myself (there's already something in my blog, but i'll just sum it up for you so you dont have to read the old thread):

My name is Ondra, i'm a 19 years old student of Faculty of Education at Masarykova University in Brno, where i study English and Math. I've been playing poker for over 2 years.

Because i'm not a big fan of tl;dr introduction posts myself, i'll just write a short summary of my poker career with some interesting facts about myself:

Total hands played: 550k
      Money won: $7,5k
      Biggest tournament cash ever: $640 for 1st place in 4max tournament
      Biggest pot ever won: $123 pot in NL25
      Best month ever: June 2011, won about $2,1k
      Best day ever: Nov 12, 2011 - won $940 after coming 3rd and 2nd in the same tourney
      Most epic thing i've done in my poker career: Won a sng despite being down to just one small blind at one point
      Things that i broke when on tilt: My mobile phone, three PC mices and a lamp
      Favourite trashtalk line in online chat (i even made it up myself :D ): "You are so bad that [poker site] asked you to stop playing so you dont embarrass them, but you're so stupid that you kept going anyway"
      Favourite players: Yevgenyi Timoshenko (an amazing player and a cool guy)
      Least favourite players: Andrew Robl (boring nit)
      Hottest female player: Liv Boeree
      Favourite poker commentator: Joe Stapleton
      Favourite poker game: 8-handed NLHE MTT
      Least favourite poker game: Badugi and FLHE (really, really close)
      My biggest strenght at poker table: Hand reading and value betting
      My biggest leak: Tilt (esp what i call a Superman syndrome - i just think im the greatest and make ridic plays) and trying to bluff vs. players who i know will never fold, but i try anyway
      Something you dont know about me yet and would never expect from me: I'm a big fan of Taylor Swift and i hate football and ice hockey

So, what will i be blogging about? I'm an MTT player and i'm playing $1-$10 regular speed freezouts on Pokerstars and Party Poker.
      I will update my blog as often as i could, i promise i will start each big post with a thread saver and i will not whine about running bad. :D I will post some interesting hands with my own analysis as well as some random real life thoughts.

Take care,
      Alficor1.
  • 294 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      gl, gl ... it's a pity you're not playing cg anymore :) we could have made some sweats together )) ..

i'm sure you will crush these mtts easily and make even more then 1k$/month ;)

cya
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      aww , pretty blog alfi and nice thread savers lol :D

good luck! keep us entertained!
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KillerFishes
      gl, gl ... it's a pity you're not playing cg anymore :) we could have made some sweats together )) ..

i'm sure you will crush these mtts easily and make even more then 1k$/month ;)

cya
      Thanks mate :)

Originally posted by IngridN
      aww , pretty blog alfi and nice thread savers lol :D

good luck! keep us entertained!
      Thanks Ingi :) I guess i should start posting guys as threadsavers to keep you equally entertained :D
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Just post cute animals. You don't scare away the guys that way and also entertain the girls! It's a win/win :s_thumbsup:
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by Alficor1
      my poker career with some interesting facts about myself:

Things that i broke when on tilt: [B]My mobile phone, three PC mices and a lamp[/b][/quote]Gotta love it :)

And I agree, Robl is pretty boring indeed.
      Anyway. gl at the tables!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Just post cute animals. You don't scare away the guys that way and also entertain the girls! It's a win/win :s_thumbsup:
      this :) :) cute animals will bring you everyone here :D

no guys please!
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      post cute animals having sex, then ingridN is sure to stick around!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Best of luck with the bloggaments Mister Alficor!

Looking forward to reading about run goods and huge shipments!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      :facepalm: :f_eek:
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I :heart: Badugi. Strange that you don't.
    • erptech
      erptech
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      successful troll is successful
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Thanks for the comments guys! I guess i'll post something else everytime - so sometimes a chick, a funny gif, some random animals or whatever :)

Anyway, shipped $0,02 to Negreanu for teh rungood, so hopefully i'll win something tonight. After winning an allin with AQ vs. KQ, i guess my flipping form is back :)

Originally posted by jbpatzer
      I havent really understood the rules properly, i found them too complicated and the game is just not as much fun as 72 SD..
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      So i finished my session with only one monster $9 cash :D Im quite positive though, i played quite well and didnt run too bad. Made only one really retarded move (yea, bluffing of 40 bb stack against a 40/10 guy), the rest of bustouts were just lost flips..

I'd like to make a comment about this video, because i feel like Tony G is getting too much hate for this.. I 100% agree with Tony G that PH should be paying attention to each and every player. His reads on the situation were just ridiculously bad. First of, why would Tony G ever say this if it was true? Would he basicly say "Hey yo Phil, i potted it with any two and i hope you have something decent, so i can double you up"? And second, when Tony asks Joe to look at his hand, how does PH not see the look that Hachem gave when saying "I cant say anything, thats between you"?

And what really suprises me is that PH says something like "Tony is the kind of guy who lies about his hand, says he has a flush draw when he has the nuts".. He did this exact thing himself on the very first hand, when he declared to have "a big draw", when he only had second pair..

To sum it up, i think that PH should just shut up and really get the tandem bike.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      To sum it up, i think that PH should just shut up and really get the tandem bike.
      THIS!! :s_thumbsup:

At first I was like: "Yeah, Tony went way to far here.. and also with Robl!" But the truth is Robl knew how to react. Like an adult and just try and play his game. He failed imo but still tried. Unlike Hellmuth who just cries like a baby all the time. I felt so happy when Max Martinez busted him! :f_love:
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      I agree, PH might be a better poker player than Tony G, but I'd rather watch Tony's bullying rather than PH's whining.

Mizrachi floats flop and hits runner runner straight against Hellmuth
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I havent really understood the rules properly, i found them too complicated and the game is just not as much fun as 72 SD..
      I find that some knowledge of the rules is usually a prerequisite for deciding whether or not I like a game, but I guess we all have our own individual style. :facepalm:
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I find that some knowledge of the rules is usually a prerequisite for deciding whether or not I like a game, but I guess we all have our own individual style. :facepalm:
      Well i do know the rules, but i do not understand them properly.. The rules regarding suits are just stupid. I still have an edge over most ppl when i play it in 10-game mtts though, since most ppl dont even know any of this.

Originally posted by Tarhonya
      I agree, PH might be a better poker player than Tony G, but I'd rather watch Tony's bullying rather than PH's whining.

Mizrachi floats flop and hits runner runner straight against Hellmuth
      I think G is better player than PH. From what i've seen in Party Poker Premier League on from The Big Game, Tony G has pwned PH almost everytime they were involved in a hand.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $4+$0.40|75/150 NL (8 max) - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: 2,190.00
      UTG+1: 2,155.00
      MP: 2,282.00
      MP+1: 11,073.00
      CO: 3,095.00
      BTN: 7,756.00
      SB: 6,342.00
      Hero (BB): 6,788.00

UTG posts ante 20.00, UTG+1 posts ante 20.00, MP posts ante 20.00, MP+1 posts ante 20.00, CO posts ante 20.00, BTN posts ante 20.00, SB posts ante 20.00, Hero posts ante 20.00, SB posts SB 75.00, Hero posts BB 150.00

Pre Flop: (385.00) Hero has 7:heart: 7:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to 2,135.00 and is all-in, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold,

Hero calls 1,985.00

Flop: (4505.00, 2 players) 9:diamond: 8:heart: T:diamond:

Turn: (4505.00, 2 players) 5:heart:

River: (4505.00, 2 players) K:heart:

Hero shows 7:heart: 7:club: (One Pair, Sevens) (Pre 52%, Flop 43%, Turn 64%)
      UTG+1 shows J:diamond: A:diamond: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 48%, Flop 57%, Turn 36%)
      Hero wins 4,505.00

• ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      Someone's been on bbv lately :D