What happened here?

• Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      What's up with this? I really don't like it.

I deposited 15$ on 888, with the intent of being able to withdraw with neteller afterwards. The surprise was that neteller actually took 16.05$ from my account. Somehow 888 takes deposits in euros and then it changes the currency in $, which is stupid and shady. So anyways, 888poker changed at a certain exchange rate and neteller at another one!

How is this even permitted?

(local time, aka EET) This is from the transaction history on 888

(GMT) This is the e-mail that I got from neteller after making the transaction.
  • 8 replies
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      I just sent an email to their support asking about this. If this is for real, pff, I will probably play on 888poker till I get enough to get a VIP account, for multiple currencies with Skrill (moneybookers).

I just don't know what to expect from neteller in the future. And I don't like bad surprises.

If this is only for 888poker and if it will not happen at the withdrawing process (from 888 to neteller), then I might still consider neteller as a viable option.
    • PxKx
      PxKx
      Bronze
      MB does the same, but they have a slightly better exchange rate.
      Watch out for the currency on their card. I got charged twice exchange fees every time I bought something when I was in Åland (they use euro there).

My account is in euro and apparently they have put the card in Swedish krones (which I wasn't aware of can be different?) so every time I bought something they first put a fee and exchange rate for changing from Euro (my account) to Swedish krones (apparently the card) and then the other way around again.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey Gabinr,

Thankfully we have a Moneybookers representative on the forum who will be with you as soon as he's around. Hopefully we get some answers here :)

Ingrid
    • MissNatalia
      MissNatalia
      Bronze
      Hi All,

I think Ingrid meant NETELLER, as the first question concerns this payment provider and, because we don't have a representative directly from NETELLER, I will get in touch with them asking for reasons and some explanation.

Let me get back to you.

BR,
      nat.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      NETELLER that is, sorry guys and thank you Nat for correcting me.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi gabinr,

just want to share my experience. after i read your post i was worried that neteller was charging me more things i didnt know about. i checked my recent poker transactions with 888 and party poker. (withdrawals and deposits). i was always charged/credited with the exact dollar amounts without any fees. my neteller account is in usd. maybe yours is a euro account? i think i read somewhere in their site that in cases that currencies dont match, there is 2.5% conversion fee or something similar. you can verify this easily on their webpage.

hope this helps.

wendy :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      wait a minute i just saw in another post that your Neteller account is in USD.
      maybe it is your 888 account that you picked to be in euros format which might explain why it attempts to transact in euros.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Yup please make sure you have the same currency accounts in your poker site and your neteller, always. Otherwise be ready for loads of fees.