How many bi 180 Player sngs due to variance?

• Equalibrio
      Equalibrio
      Bronze
      Hi, I waited a long time to really start worrying about my downswing.
      It started in the beginning of this year and it was quite annoying. Some final table bubble in bigger live events, a lot of deep runs in online mtts without hitting the interesting money and pretty much everything going soutgh no matter what.
      I ran under ev on about 31k hands in a row and just figured I grind the downswing out and put in more volume... That didn't really change anything. I went back to the 180s on stars. I'm still up in the 35s, and 8$. And break even in the 15s. Since I lost about 80 bi's I dropped down to the 8$ and 3.50 rebuys. There I lost another 60 buy ins so I figured to build my confidence and mabe event secure a little bit of my roll I dropped down to the 2.50 Turbos. After 240 sngs I'm down 270 dollars. Running under EV the entire time.
      That's another 100 buy ins and I don't know what to do, to not go broke. I loose AA to A6, JJ to 86 and all kinds of hands in the most ridic spots.
      Last sunday I made 4 final tables in the 8$ sngs. I busted ever sng in 5th or 7th. QQ<63, KK<88, QQ<KT and KK<QJ. For Avg or above stacks everytime. It's so ridic. it's beyond believe.
      How long is this gonna last??
      Sorry for being a whiney wuss, but I really need advice soon or I'm quitting poker and looking for a new job and lifestyle entirely which would be a very big thing...
      :s_evil: ;(
  • 7 replies
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      you dont really get 240 bad lucks in SnGs, unless you doing something wrong.

as you dropped down alot of limits? Maybe you are playing wrong for a certain limit, or are thinking you are better than everyone so playing like that?

Get a coach, best way to not go busto imo.
    • Equalibrio
      Equalibrio
      Bronze
      Well,
      Thanks for the reply. And yeah, that's what I thought too. Within these 240 games I only had two final tables. I mean, I won one of them but still didn't even cash a lot. I have an itm of 8% within this sample size. Anyway, I do have a friend who is a coach and a friend who makes a living playing online mtts and sngs for a living. I had them look over hand histories and had live sessions with em. So far, they say it's bad luck.
      I mean loosing 3 80/20s and 1 70/30 out of 4 final tables is sick. And I really feel like I'm loosing every hand I'm way ahead and 3/4 flips. But that could be just selective memory, right?
      Yeah, I dropped down in limits like crazy. I played 10/25 no limit cash games live and nl2k hu online.
      I'm no grinding 2.50$ sngs :D
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      That sucks big time...

hopefully you get a massive up swing recently, at least you have the attitude to go down limits though :)
    • Equalibrio
      Equalibrio
      Bronze
      Yeah, but that's a big improvement I just learned this year. Before I have been going broke constantly since I wasn't able to drop down and kept playing the higher stakes. Oh well.. better late than never...
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Bronze
      Maybe try switching sites? I find a change makes me feel better. There's that honeymoon period when you first join a site; AK holds against A4, JJ holds against 77, you might even win a 60-40% situation now and then...good times. Never lasts tho :) .
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Equalibrio
      Well,
      Thanks for the reply. And yeah, that's what I thought too. Within these 240 games I only had two final tables. I mean, I won one of them but still didn't even cash a lot. I have an itm of 8% within this sample size. Anyway, I do have a friend who is a coach and a friend who makes a living playing online mtts and sngs for a living. I had them look over hand histories and had live sessions with em. So far, they say it's bad luck.
      I mean loosing 3 80/20s and 1 70/30 of 4 final tables is sick. And I really feel like I'm loosing every hand I'm way ahead and 3/4 flips. But that could be just selective memory, right?
      Yeah, I dropped down in limits like crazy. I played 10/25 no limit cash games live and nl2k hu online.
      I'm no grinding 2.50$ sngs :D
      what?
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      loooots, i'd say at least 60 imo