This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How many bi 180 Player sngs due to variance?

• Equalibrio
      Equalibrio
      Bronze
      Hi, I waited a long time to really start worrying about my downswing.
      It started in the beginning of this year and it was quite annoying. Some final table bubble in bigger live events, a lot of deep runs in online mtts without hitting the interesting money and pretty much everything going soutgh no matter what.
      I ran under ev on about 31k hands in a row and just figured I grind the downswing out and put in more volume... That didn't really change anything. I went back to the 180s on stars. I'm still up in the 35s, and 8$. And break even in the 15s. Since I lost about 80 bi's I dropped down to the 8$ and 3.50 rebuys. There I lost another 60 buy ins so I figured to build my confidence and mabe event secure a little bit of my roll I dropped down to the 2.50 Turbos. After 240 sngs I'm down 270 dollars. Running under EV the entire time.
      That's another 100 buy ins and I don't know what to do, to not go broke. I loose AA to A6, JJ to 86 and all kinds of hands in the most ridic spots.
      Last sunday I made 4 final tables in the 8$ sngs. I busted ever sng in 5th or 7th. QQ<63, KK<88, QQ<KT and KK<QJ. For Avg or above stacks everytime. It's so ridic. it's beyond believe.
      How long is this gonna last??
      Sorry for being a whiney wuss, but I really need advice soon or I'm quitting poker and looking for a new job and lifestyle entirely which would be a very big thing...
      :s_evil: ;(
  • 7 replies
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      you dont really get 240 bad lucks in SnGs, unless you doing something wrong.

as you dropped down alot of limits? Maybe you are playing wrong for a certain limit, or are thinking you are better than everyone so playing like that?

Get a coach, best way to not go busto imo.
    • Equalibrio
      Equalibrio
      Bronze
      Well,
      Thanks for the reply. And yeah, that's what I thought too. Within these 240 games I only had two final tables. I mean, I won one of them but still didn't even cash a lot. I have an itm of 8% within this sample size. Anyway, I do have a friend who is a coach and a friend who makes a living playing online mtts and sngs for a living. I had them look over hand histories and had live sessions with em. So far, they say it's bad luck.
      I mean loosing 3 80/20s and 1 70/30 out of 4 final tables is sick. And I really feel like I'm loosing every hand I'm way ahead and 3/4 flips. But that could be just selective memory, right?
      Yeah, I dropped down in limits like crazy. I played 10/25 no limit cash games live and nl2k hu online.
      I'm no grinding 2.50$ sngs :D
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      That sucks big time...

hopefully you get a massive up swing recently, at least you have the attitude to go down limits though :)
    • Equalibrio
      Equalibrio
      Bronze
      Yeah, but that's a big improvement I just learned this year. Before I have been going broke constantly since I wasn't able to drop down and kept playing the higher stakes. Oh well.. better late than never...
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Bronze
      Maybe try switching sites? I find a change makes me feel better. There's that honeymoon period when you first join a site; AK holds against A4, JJ holds against 77, you might even win a 60-40% situation now and then...good times. Never lasts tho :) .
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Equalibrio
      Well,
      Thanks for the reply. And yeah, that's what I thought too. Within these 240 games I only had two final tables. I mean, I won one of them but still didn't even cash a lot. I have an itm of 8% within this sample size. Anyway, I do have a friend who is a coach and a friend who makes a living playing online mtts and sngs for a living. I had them look over hand histories and had live sessions with em. So far, they say it's bad luck.
      I mean loosing 3 80/20s and 1 70/30 of 4 final tables is sick. And I really feel like I'm loosing every hand I'm way ahead and 3/4 flips. But that could be just selective memory, right?
      Yeah, I dropped down in limits like crazy. I played 10/25 no limit cash games live and nl2k hu online.
      I'm no grinding 2.50$ sngs :D
      what?
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      loooots, i'd say at least 60 imo