Stack
      SB:
      $2,36
      Hero:
      $2,33
      CO:
      $2,43

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5:spade: , 5:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero calls $0,02, CO calls $0,02, BU folds, SB calls $0,01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,08) T:club: , 7:club: , 5:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0,06, CO folds, SB calls $0,06, BB folds.

Turn: ($0,20) 6:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,14, SB calls $0,14.

River: ($0,48) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,34, SB raises to $0,68, Hero calls $0,34.

Final Pot: $1,84

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (5s 5d)
      SB shows a full-house, sixes full of fives (6s 5c)

SB wins with a full-house, sixes full of fives (6s 5c)
      preflop - standard setmining
      flop - I have hit set of fives, so I bet 3/4 of the pot. Or should I bet more to protect my set against flush draw?
      turn - Flush draw could be completed - is the bet here OK?
      river - I am not sure about this part of my play. 6 on river is not good for me because of possible full house, but after opponent raises I am not sure if he could have full house or only flush. I have decided to call his raise, because in pot was $1.50 and in my opinion it was worth of $0.34, but is it profitable in long run? SB is very loose player according to HUD stats.

Thank you for your opinions.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello toteatoo,

Bet the flop pot size but otherwise as we continue on the turn it's somewhat close while couple of draws completed. While we have a small pot then against SB VPIP range shouldn't be that big problem to bet.

As played the river is kind of dumb spot, especially while the pot was played in freeplay. Some hands beat us like T6/76/65 which are possible in SB completing range. So for that given reason taking the passive approach with the FH isn't wrong. We can't lay down the hand here anyways.

Best Regards.
    • toteatoo
      toteatoo
      Bronze
      So it would be better to check/call on the river?

Thank you for your advices - you are completely right, that against 4 opponents and draw heavy board on flop I should bet pot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by toteatoo
      So it would be better to check/call on the river?

Thank you for your advices - you are completely right, that against 4 opponents and draw heavy board on flop I should bet pot.
      We can't Check/Call the river but we can Bet/Call as you did. :)