ICM situation

• farbwenz
      here's a hand where Ive been completely wrong, i thought this was an ATC situation

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Well, it would turn into a less stupid decision if I remove my edge. I dont understand why sngwiz gave me this edge of 0.25. How do they calculate it? is it due to my higher chipstack? should i always set it to 0?
      My opponent was playing quite bad, even for the 1$ levels. I somehow don't think that he is able to call with hands like t60, j5s. how would your pushing range look here?
  • 3 replies
    • talben1
      hmmmm turn it to 0.1 edge. and its fine...his stack is so small so it doesnt really matter IMO.
    • pzhon
      This is not an ICM situation since you are heads up, and the ICM says nothing when you are down to the final two players.

It's not an ATC Nash push. That happens from the small blind when you are pot-committed while you know the big blind will call with a random hand.

In practice, I would often fold this. If you get caught pushing 72o and lose, you can expect your opponent to call much more widely in the future, and you want to exploit the tight calls instead of changing them.

I normally set the edge to 0. I think the edge % models in SNG Wizard are poorly designed and damaging. The edge % does not depend on the right factors, and it is sometimes way too high for no reason. This should not be used to cancel other errors form setting ranges incorrectly. Use a 0 edge and try to set your opponents' ranges accurately.
    • tomovermeers
      This is for me a no brainer push. Sngwizzard just didn't put a real calling range for the BB.

Real callingraise = 100%