Poker Book on tells

• Jambonant
      Jambonant
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I'm sure that this has been asked sevral times by now but as a new user it will take me a while to go over all the old treads.

So here is my question, what poker tell book do you recomend and why?
      I narrow it down to two books:

Read 'Em And Reap
      and
      Mike Caro Book of Poker Tells

But other suggestions are welcome!
  • 9 replies
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Harrington on Holdem 1
      Harrington on Holdem 2
      Harrington on Holdem 3
    • Jambonant
      Jambonant
      Bronze
      I read those 3 books but as the title says I'm more interested in in tells the the actual poker. But you are right these are 3 great poker books.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      arghh, i screw up too much in this respect these days..

i've read neither, but i hear the read em and reap one is very good.
    • DE4DLY
      DE4DLY
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jambonant
      Hey guys, I'm sure that this has been asked sevral times by now but as a new user it will take me a while to go over all the old treads.

So here is my question, what poker tell book do you recomend and why?
      I narrow it down to two books:

Read 'Em And Reap
      and
      Mike Caro Book of Poker Tells

But other suggestions are welcome!
      I have skim-read Mike Caro's Book of Poker Tells but I didn't find it very useful as I only play on-line and it seems to focus a lot on body language.
      Other than the fact it was not that useful to me it looked like a very useful book for a B&M table player.

Also I would say that chenny8888 makes a good point about the Harrington books even if it was accidental.
      The type of analysis Harrington does in the problem sections I think could really help with getting on-line reads on opponents. -- What I mean is he displays a good way of thinking about what happens in the game to get reads rather than physically observing opponents..
      I just need to put it into practice ;)
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      Just to mention that I came across a movie with the title "Mike Caro's Poker Tells" or similar several months ago.

You could search on the Internet for it!
    • Jambonant
      Jambonant
      Bronze
      Originally posted by finchybg
      Just to mention that I came across a movie with the title "Mike Caro's Poker Tells" or similar several months ago.

You could search on the Internet for it!
      I'll look this up.

Thanks for your info DE4DLY. But I'm more an live player then a internet player. SO I have to improve a bit on the body language part.
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Both are fine I think, each has its own tells and they are actually quite different from each other contentwise (though I think some of the tells are way overrated and are hardly present at any pokertable). I'm reading Read'em en reap right now, and if you can look through the usual Hellmuth-boasting (which fortunately is quite easy to spot due to the layout), it's worth the money.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I don't know any other poker tell books, but you can review some body language literature. One book I have read myself is ''The Definitive Book Of Body Language" by Allan Pease, which is a nice book itself. you can also dig deeper and check some of NLP stuff.
    • Jambonant
      Jambonant
      Bronze
      Ok thanks guys. I'll buy both and let you know what are my conclusion on each of them.