hello every1

• jofess1
      jofess1
      Bronze
      Hi to one & all.
      My name is Sarah and I'm relatively new to poker. I have deposited and played before, but I'm pretty inexperienced and to be honest, not very good. Despite that I love the game and would welcome any advice on which articles to read etc. I have played quite a few freerolls on PartyPoker and cash quite often (I got 5th in one of them, woohoo!). I've passed the PokerStrategy test and therefore have a $50 bankroll and was wondering which site to use it on (but not Party). So ANY advice about any of this would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot
  • 12 replies
    • jofess1
      jofess1
      Bronze
      Nobody seems to be answering me?! I dont even know if i'm doing this right, or if what i'm typing is available for people to see? If it is could somebody just reply with anything; just so i know that people can see what I'm typing. You dont have to answer my questions, a * will do, lol
      Thanks
    • RedStarUltras
      RedStarUltras
      Bronze
      hi.
      In my opinion,you should start with reading all the articles,that are available with your status.Off cource depending on game type you want to play (NL,SNG,MTT).
      And i think most important you should watch as much videos as you can before start with grinding.
      Believe me i say this from my experience.I busted my starting capital,because not following these rules.
      And about poker room i think you should take some of the i poker network rooms,because players are really bad there,and i think they are ideal for beginers.Good luck,and i hope this helped.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Firstly, hi there jofess and a very warm welcome to PokrStartategy!
      Well done on getting the $50 bankroll to., not everybody does!

If you've cashed a few freerolls at PartyPoker then you're not a fish already, that I can assure you!

Right, so what we have here Sarah, is a new player who has some idea, yes?

Ok so I would definitely recommend the No Limit Beginners Course delivered by BierBaer, Veriz and Hasenbraten. Click on the link at the bottom of this post for more information, or just ask here ok? They will teach you loads of stuff to help you be a big winner and it's free!

If you prefer fixed limit, then our coach TerrrorBlade - a Black Member no less - is just the best there is for newer players and that's free to! unreal!

First we'd really like you tell us a little about yourself, like if you are a very new player, or if not how long you have played. What game type d you like, no limit; fixed limit; tournaments; sit and goes, 5 card draw or Omaha even?

So many questions, but take your time; what about starting a blog, that way we can follow your journey from $50 to the high stakes! Many have done it before!

Anyway, have fun with PokerStrategy, learn loads and crush 'em!

Any questions just ask!

Regards,

Mal.
    • jofess1
      jofess1
      Bronze
      thanks a lot for your input guys.
      i'll give you a breif history of my poker exploits:
      started playing with friends socially after seeing it on Poker Night live (UK/Ch4) about 7 years ago.
      opened Party account roughly a year after that
      gave birth to my daughter so didn't play for 3 years
      deposited again and played mostly s'n'g's which i love
      lost all money (but thoroughly enjoyed myself)

I would love to play cash games but cant seem to grasp it! so i'm here now, determined to learn how! ANY advice would be great.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi again jofess1 !
      Yep, so that caps it then!

Visit the link at the bottom of this post for crushaments in the no limit beginner's school ! :)

Believe me, these guys are the bestest for beginner cash games, and I know, I attend their coachings mysel - yes no limit $2, it's ok! Oh and they are very friendly and patient as well, just ask them!

Now have fun on PokerStrategy ok?,

Mal. :heart: :heart:
    • jofess1
      jofess1
      Bronze
      cheers gadget, but i cant access that article because 'it' says, i need a higher PokerStrategy status! what or where do i do/go now?
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      AH hi again jofess!
      Ok, firstly, the beginners no limit course does not require a higher limit; you may enrol at any time at all when you feel like it, ok?

Since you seem to be keen on cash games, I suggest you click on our no limit section:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/#basic

If you still want to crush those St and Goes
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/#basic

If you do have any questions dont hesitatate to ask ok? :)

Or for anything else here, just ask ok

Regrads,

Mal.
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jofess1
      Hi to one & all.
      My name is Sarah and I'm relatively new to poker. I have deposited and played before, but I'm pretty inexperienced and to be honest, not very good. Despite that I love the game and would welcome any advice on which articles to read etc. I have played quite a few freerolls on PartyPoker and cash quite often (I got 5th in one of them, woohoo!). I've passed the PokerStrategy test and therefore have a $50 bankroll and was wondering which site to use it on (but not Party). So ANY advice about any of this would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot
      I recomended William Hills or Poker770. You will get 5 Strategy Points for every $1 you rake. That's the highest SP/rake you can get, so you can promote your status more easily (basic --> bronze --> silver --> etc).
    • pswyatt
      pswyatt
      Bronze
      Hey jofess1,

Welcome to our community :)

As patszerdonk mentioned the StrategyPoints you earn at Poker770 and William Hill will help boost your status and therefore gain access to our content quickly.

We also have freerolls available at these poker rooms to help you get a feel for the room and software. Check out the schedule by clicking [URL=http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/pokerstrategy/Exclusive:-D aily-Freerolls-Weekly-Depositors-Freerolls_40547/]here[/URL]

Good luck!

Darren
    • nowandthen12
      nowandthen12
      Bronze
      welcome and gl
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      good luck
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop