[NL2-NL10] NL2 Full Ring TT

• FlashDavin
      This is a multiway pot against two players I would consider fish. I decide to slowplay since there aren't many draws and I want the other guy to get his money in on the flop and then be committed on the turn.

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T:heart: , T:diamond:
      UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, 3 folds, BB calls $0.08, UTG2 raises to $0.18, Hero calls $0.08, MP3 calls $0.08, BB calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.73) K:heart: , T:club: , 2:heart: (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 raises $0.71 (All-In), Hero calls $0.71, MP3 folds, BB calls $0.71.

Turn: ($2.86) 3:spade: (2 players)
      BB raises $1.36 (All-In), Hero calls $1.36.

River: ($5.58) 2:diamond: (3 players)

Final Pot: $5.58

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows (Qh Qs)
      Hero shows a full-house, tens full of deuces (Th Td)
      BB shows (Kc Qd)

Hero wins with a full-house, tens full of deuces (Th Td)
  • 3 replies
    • Echoes88

Actaully, I guess there are a lot of drwas here, esp when were facing with fishes in the pot. They will have many GS, fds, sometimes oesd.

But in 3bet pots a guess its a good play, the pot on the turn is so big, its easy to make them allin.
    • ShaQQ
      Prefer to just get it in on the flop really, pots bloated as it is.
    • luizsilveira
      Hi, Flash!

Actually, yeah, the board is fairly drawy. There is the heart draw and also quite a few gutshots and even OESD w/ QJ. A hand like Q :heart: J :heart: has a lot of equity against you.

The problem is not only protecting from draws, but also that your opponents might be more scared to put the money in if a :heart: , a J, a Q, an A and even a T hits. And we don't want that. Plus, in case they do have a draw, their draw is much stronger on the flop (esp. multiway) but it's weak on the turn, case in which they might ch/f. Ok, at NL2 I still doubt, but why take the risk? :D

If they have a hand they won't fold to your raise anyway. If they have top pair or a strong draw they're rarely folding, even if you show tremendous strength in a multiway pot. They will often find an excuse (like put YOU no a draw) to call.

I don't like slowplaying multiway pots that much... but if the flop was T :heart: 6 :club: 2 :diamond: I'd see more merits to it, since you have almost all the tens (they can't even have top pair really) and there are virtually no draws. In your case on that flop that smashes peoples ranges, just get it in and fistpump :D

Nice hand, keep it up! :evil: