Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

nul3m0 (MP): $45.51
      barziq14 (CO): $20.00
      BGawli (BTN): $21.63
      Lucky_Luke10 (SB): $14.37
      lpmonkeyboy (BB): $10.00
      AlexGeiger (UTG): $22.41
      BURACK87 (UTG+1): $55.62

Lucky_Luke10 posts SB $0.10, lpmonkeyboy posts BB $0.20, barziq14 posts DB $0.30

Pre Flop: ($0.60) BGawli has 6:club: 6:heart:

fold, fold, fold, barziq14 checks, BGawli raises to $0.80, Lucky_Luke10 calls $0.70, lpmonkeyboy calls $0.60, fold

Flop: ($2.70, 3 players) 5:heart: Q:heart: K:club:
      Lucky_Luke10 checks, lpmonkeyboy checks, BGawli bets $2.00, fold, lpmonkeyboy raises to $9.20, fold

yeap... I think that we discussed similar situation in another hans and during the coaching...
      I thought that it was good flop to cbet because I was against players from blind but now I'm sure that I was wrong... it was easy decision to take xb
  • 5 replies
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      Hi!

If they tend to be fishys plus you are 3way they can call you with tons of hands.

Kx, qx, at, aj, jt, t9, ax, fd, pps, I dont think cbet is profitable.
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      I think against decent thinking players you can cbet Kxx or Qxx rainbow quite comfortably 3 way and get a ton of credit, in this spot you're right, board texture is just too wet.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ShaQQ
      I think against decent thinking players you can cbet Kxx or Qxx rainbow quite comfortably 3 way and get a ton of credit, in this spot you're right, board texture is just too wet.
      I'd be careful with that.

Problem is: the OP didn't send us info on the blinds. It's often important to keep an eye on their range; many people will have a broadway-heavy type of range from the blinds versus steal because they know CO and BTN open many weak Ax, Kx and even Qxs. So they try to call KQ, KJ, AJ type of hands and dominate the original raiser.

Against such players, if they don't have a pocket-pair-heavy type of range (set miners), I'd go ahead and just give up. Especially multiway.

Then again, it's very player dependant. If the guys have like 70% fold to cbet I might stab; But if they have quite less and/or are aggressive we're giving $ away.

Finally, in this kind of wettish broadwayish board it doesn't make much sense to bet too small, like 60% pot. If board is K72r you can bet 60% and take it down; on this one a good player will figure you wouldn't really bet 60% with AK or KQ. That means our bluff cbet gets too expensive as well. If it's expensive AND will not work all that often... well, good hints not to do it.

Even in order to get more credit for when we bluff we must as well have a check behind/give up range. Otherwise it's easy to play vs. a guy who has 85% cbet from BTN.
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luizsilveira

I'd be careful with that.

Problem is: the OP didn't send us info on the blinds. It's often important to keep an eye on their range; many people will have a broadway-heavy type of range from the blinds versus steal because they know CO and BTN open many weak Ax, Kx and even Qxs. So they try to call KQ, KJ, AJ type of hands and dominate the original raiser.

Against such players, if they don't have a pocket-pair-heavy type of range (set miners), I'd go ahead and just give up. Especially multiway.

Then again, it's very player dependant. If the guys have like 70% fold to cbet I might stab; But if they have quite less and/or are aggressive we're giving $ away.
      Absolutely and as you rightly say it's very player dependent, you can argue it both ways depending on what level your opponents are at, my example was a pretty rare occasion due to when having competent players in the blinds we'll be squeezed pre and won't have many options in terms of hands to rep post due to losing initiative. There are a lot of variables to consider post flop and I think to lead any board multiway hero's logic needs to be spot on, for the most part as a standard line checking is optimal.
      My thinking was to try and justify hero cbetting a flop in the rare occasion where it's the correct line, and even then it's marginal :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Since there was only talked about what kind of ranges the opponents need to have to CB for and I couldn't read out what we should pick here I am going to give my view.

The flop is just horrible to CB here, especially when you even have A LOT of draws, SD/FD and obviously their range consist of a lot Qx/Kx hands which ain't folding. I am just giving up the flop. You win any hands by Checking anyways and there is no way we can go for thin value from draws there.

Best Regards.