1337_P0RK3R (UTG+1): $23.09
      nul3m0 (MP): $38.35
      Eullin22 (MP+1): $23.70
      vegasa1985 (LP): $12.00
      anpfisher (CO): $9.70
      Winnerti (BTN): $20.00

Dreadassasin posts SB $0.10, BGawli posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) BGawli has A:heart: K:club:

city89 raises to $0.80, fold, fold, fold, vegasa1985 calls $0.80, fold, fold, fold, BGawli raises to $4.00, city89 raises to $25.04, fold, fold

I decided to squeeze because utg player was perfect to do it, moreover I wanted to isolate vegasa player and play with him for stack...
      but I forgot about some circumstance like that I have horrible image on utg player. I'm sure of that. Probably he shoves AKo/s or JJ+. So how should I adjust my play against player like him if he knows that I like 3betting light.
      What do you think about squeeze bet sizing. I bet a little harder: 3x + 0.80 for oop + 0.80 for limper=5x=$4 what do you think?
      Of course our plan was to force utg to fold and play with bad player in HU.
  • 4 replies
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      Hello!

Against an unknown i sqz /fold, because they can call me with worse and i dont want an mw pot, but utg or!4bet is horribly strong. Despite the bad image id fold. If you think he 4bets aq then it might be good to broke.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, BGawli.

Tricky one. Since you are starting to have a decent sample on the UTG raiser and his a bit loose I'd check his positional stats and 4bet%.

But then again, I don't think Sqz/fold here would be a mistake. Even if he is 4betting JJ+/AK we only have 40% Eq. I think many people would say 3bet/fold AK is nonsense but I don't dislike it that much against the right opponents if we more os less know how they play. We have to assume he is forbet/calling JJ+ and AQ+, OR that he was a 4bet-bluff range, to make it an easy shove. I doubt he'd bluff considering positions involved AND the passive player behind who might fall in love with his hand.

That said, from time to time I might mix it up and call with my AK there to let him play his AQ/KQ. I'd be more inclined to call if it was suited shough (more playability) and more inclined to 3bet the offsuit ones.

Veriz will probably stop by and disagree with me :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

As we have spoken even during the coaching and I guess you pretty much know how we should play the hand. The only options here are 3bet/Fold or 3bet/Broke. Most likely 3bet/Broke is really up to the opponent and if we expect to see worse Ax hands. But most likely while it's not gonna happen that often then pretty standard play should be here 3bet/Fold as you did. Nice hand! :f_cool:

Calling multiway pot with AKo/AQo is horrible, especially being OOP.

Best Regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      I'm disappointed... I thought we'd disagree more :D