SB: $2.16
      BB: $0.63
      UTG: $1.45
      UTG+1: $1.96
      MP: $1.93
      Hero (CO): $4.26

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has J:heart: J:spade:

UTG calls $0.02, UTG+1 calls $0.02, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, SB calls $0.11, fold, UTG calls $0.10, fold

Flop: ($0.40, 3 players) 4:heart: 7:club: 6:club:
      SB bets $0.28, UTG calls $0.28, Hero ???

Hi there,

Should I protect my hand? How much? Pot size raise? If I protect here I don't think I could fold anymore, or do you think it's better to just shove here?

I only have 9 samples, but have seen SB made a pot size donkbet on a 4-way raised pot, and call a full stack shove with TPWK on a K high board. So even if a flush didn't came out on the turn he'd probably just gonna go broke and shove.

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 4 replies
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      Hello!

Though one. Im curious about Verizs opinion too. :f_cool:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

Nah, I don't like raising here. Rather pick the passive approach, do we really want to play for the stacks? Most likely if you would CB then you wouldn't play for the stacks either. Being even in a multiway and against the donk I'd rather just Call and reevaluate on further streets without any reads/stats/info on opponents.

Best Regards.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Why passive line? What's the decision factor here? Is it villain's stack, 3-way situation, the board, or JJ's not strong enough?
      This one has almost similar situation, where you advice to shove:
      NL5 ship?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cpers
      Why passive line? What's the decision factor here? Is it villain's stack, 3-way situation, the board, or JJ's not strong enough?
      This one has almost similar situation, where you advice to shove:
      NL5 ship?
      Well, this spot is different already that you aren't in multiway pot and you aren't against a full stack. But in this spot almost both are full stacked, well not the UTG. :D But SB line could easily be induce line to raise which will very often even be the case unless we have some more information on him and can't expect something else.