Stt downswing

• Buhas
      Buhas
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I've been playing STTs on stars about 3 months, and in the last few days i've only lost money, with collers and bad beats. I think I'm in a downswing. The question is, what can I do to get out of this huge dowswing.

I'm a multitabler (12/15 tables) and I'm down 25BI. I don't tilt, I now that I always play my A game, and I review my sessions alot, everyday.

Sry for my bag english guys, hugzzz
  • 7 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      25 BI is quite big, but nothing too out of the ordinary for STTs. I've had one day swings of 30 BIs and I only 6 table.
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Guys, I don't want to scare you out, but 25 BI downswing is nothing. It depends a lot on the limits you play( level of opponents), blind and pay out structure, number of tables you play at the same time, various factors. Even as a winning player,you can be running BE for a few thousand games! You can even experience worse than 50 BI swings and still be a winner. What you can do about it is- keep your mind fresh, stay focused, work on your game and put volume. Long run beats luck factor. Meanwhile, you can read this article

SnG Variance
    • Buhas
      Buhas
      Bronze
      I play 1.5$ and 3.5$ turbos on Pokerstars, and i had a downswing of 30Bi, but know I'm recovering, and foccusing on playing my A game, putting volume and mentalizing that this huges downswings are normal.

sorry for my bad englsih (again) lol
    • Doubleup12
      Doubleup12
      Bronze
      Maybe try to reduce your multitabling a tad to allow for more concentration, and set aside a bit more time for study. I find this can help you ensure yourself your playing your A game
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Buhas
      I play 1.5$ and 3.5$ turbos on Pokerstars, and i had a downswing of 30Bi, but know I'm recovering, and foccusing on playing my A game, putting volume and mentalizing that this huges downswings are normal.

sorry for my bad englsih (again) lol
      Imo, you should cut down the number of tables you are playing. Judging by the limits you play, you are still a relatively unexperienced player(I say this with no disrespect) and have a long way to go. Don't try to take the shortcut and maximize your winnings by playing more than you can handle. Your main goal should be to improve your game, get a comfortable feeling about push/fold, BvB dynamic, Bubble play, Reg vs Reg Dynamic and so on. Many things to consider if you want to master the game. And by putting so much volume at once, you will just slow down this process. By the way, even if you are great at SnG, it's very hard to play optimally with 15 tables running. So, just try to get prepared with the idea of loosing when you should be winning. Sooner or later, you will be showing a profit if you do the right thing. And study the game! This is the longest way to go.
    • Buhas
      Buhas
      Bronze
      Hi, i was a MTT player on FT, and I play poker for serious about 1 year and a half. But i only started palying stt's on stars, since my money on FT was frozen, and I read that SNGs are the best games to build a bankroll. I started playing Stts in October, and i know that i beat the 1.5$ and 3.5$ field easily. My main weakness is playing vs reg, and if you have any advice or training video to share I would apreciate.

Btw, the downswing has passed and know im moving on. Thanks guys
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      come on, your better than this, work hard and improve and beat the downer!