Blind wars

• Hawat
      Hawat
      Bronze
      Hi. I started here a month ago and I had never played poker before. For the last weeks I've been playing at the .25/.5 limit and I've just started trying .5/1 (maybe too early, I have enough money but I've only played ~8K hands at .25/.5 with 3.74 BB/100H, up to 6 for the last week).

And now with my question. It's about blind wars as they are both annoying and funny.

I first read about blindstealing in the sng articles (I'm playing FL but I read those to play PokerStrategy freerolls ;) ).

Then I read in an article talking about some other thing, I can't remember which one, they're a standard move. So I started attacking every blind I could (except when holding very weak hands or against players I knew would call my raise). It was not bad, I stole enough blinds, but it seems too risky for me.

Reading the bronze SH article it says "poker is always a battle for the blinds". And there I saw the BB defense chart. I've started to use it for FR as I got tired of folding BBs according to SHC. Is this right? Can I use the First-In chart for attacking them too?
      If it "is always a battle for the blinds", why don't you have an article on blind wars? :)

More questions to follow as I re-read the articles.

Great site. Good job.
  • 2 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Yes, you can use the firstin chart (pay attention to your position).

The "blind war" is not meant by word. The situation if 2 players play a hand in the SB and BB is called blind war since both have loose ranges which makes marginal hands often good enough to see a showdown even against much action.

The phrase "is always a battle for the blinds" has nothing to do with it. Everytime you play a hand it "is always a battle for the blinds" because without the blinds there would be no game (everyone can wait for AA which would result in no game).
    • Hawat
      Hawat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      Yes, you can use the firstin chart (pay attention to your position).
      Thanks, I'll do. I guess using the blinddefense chart is right too.

The phrase "is always a battle for the blinds" has nothing to do with it. Everytime you play a hand it "is always a battle for the blinds" because without the blinds there would be no game (everyone can wait for AA which would result in no game).
      I misundertood it. It makes more sense now :)