[NL2-NL10] Slowplay or aggressive approach

• HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I can stop wondering what would be the best play here against a better player?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $15.23
      BB (Hero):
      $5.00
      UTG1:
      $1.84
      UTG2:
      $5.44
      MP1:
      $4.66
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $4.04
      CO:
      $6.94
      BU:
      $6.50

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, 4.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.05, 5 folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.15) A, 3, 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.11, UTG2 raises to $0.22, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.90, UTG2 raises to $1.58, Hero raises to $5.06, UTG2 calls $3.37.

Turn: ($10.05) K (2 players)

River: ($10.05) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.05.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a flush, ace high(Q 4).
      UTG2 shows a pair of aces(A J).

Hero wins with a flush, ace high(Q 4).

UTG2 stats:18/0/2.5/58 hands
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Your play should be the best. :) No way I am going to call or anything here, we want to play for the stacks and protect our hand. He definitely has a lot of worse hands in his range which is going broke. Especially according his stack wouldn't wonder if we see even Ax here. :D

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Your play should be the best. :) No way I am going to call or anything here, we want to play for the stacks and protect our hand. He definitely has a lot of worse hands in his range which is going broke. Especially according his stack wouldn't wonder if we see even Ax here. :D

Best Regards.
      I just wanted to know how to approach against better opponents. I mean I m showing so much strength that it can only be a flush. So against better opponents I was wondering should I disguise my hand a little bit?
    • albionpro
      albionpro
      Bronze
      Hello Sikac,

Best Regards.
      Can you tell me why his stack size of 109bb means he has Ax here?
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Hello Sikac,

Best Regards.
      I just wanted to know how to approach against better opponents. I mean I m showing so much strength that it can only be a flush. So against better opponents I was wondering should I disguise my hand a little bit?
      "Better opponents" wont be openlimping here, thus have a much stronger holding themselfs, and the whole situation would just be different.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vonki
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Hello Sikac,

Best Regards.
      "Better opponents" wont be openlimping here, thus have a much stronger holding themselfs, and the whole situation would just be different.
      You are right but what if I call there just for the given nice odds lets say and my donk bet gets raised should I call or 3bet against a good player. I was pointing more on such situation.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by albionpro
      Hello Sikac,

Best Regards.
      Can you tell me why his stack size of 109bb means he has Ax here?
      Well, I kind of messed up with UTG1. :D But practically the same as vonki said, there ain't gonna be good players who open-limp like that. :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

Well, better opponents most likely wouldn't limp and if he even has he may easily have set there which we still beat and need to protect.