This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Slowplay or aggressive approach

• HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I can stop wondering what would be the best play here against a better player?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $15.23
      BB (Hero):
      $5.00
      UTG1:
      $1.84
      UTG2:
      $5.44
      MP1:
      $4.66
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $4.04
      CO:
      $6.94
      BU:
      $6.50

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, 4.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.05, 5 folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.15) A, 3, 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.11, UTG2 raises to $0.22, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.90, UTG2 raises to $1.58, Hero raises to $5.06, UTG2 calls $3.37.

Turn: ($10.05) K (2 players)

River: ($10.05) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.05.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a flush, ace high(Q 4).
      UTG2 shows a pair of aces(A J).

Hero wins with a flush, ace high(Q 4).

UTG2 stats:18/0/2.5/58 hands
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Your play should be the best. :) No way I am going to call or anything here, we want to play for the stacks and protect our hand. He definitely has a lot of worse hands in his range which is going broke. Especially according his stack wouldn't wonder if we see even Ax here. :D

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Your play should be the best. :) No way I am going to call or anything here, we want to play for the stacks and protect our hand. He definitely has a lot of worse hands in his range which is going broke. Especially according his stack wouldn't wonder if we see even Ax here. :D

Best Regards.
      I just wanted to know how to approach against better opponents. I mean I m showing so much strength that it can only be a flush. So against better opponents I was wondering should I disguise my hand a little bit?
    • albionpro
      albionpro
      Bronze
      Hello Sikac,

Best Regards.
      Can you tell me why his stack size of 109bb means he has Ax here?
    • vonki
      vonki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Hello Sikac,

Best Regards.
      I just wanted to know how to approach against better opponents. I mean I m showing so much strength that it can only be a flush. So against better opponents I was wondering should I disguise my hand a little bit?
      "Better opponents" wont be openlimping here, thus have a much stronger holding themselfs, and the whole situation would just be different.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vonki
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Hello Sikac,

Best Regards.
      "Better opponents" wont be openlimping here, thus have a much stronger holding themselfs, and the whole situation would just be different.
      You are right but what if I call there just for the given nice odds lets say and my donk bet gets raised should I call or 3bet against a good player. I was pointing more on such situation.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by albionpro
      Hello Sikac,

Best Regards.
      Can you tell me why his stack size of 109bb means he has Ax here?
      Well, I kind of messed up with UTG1. :D But practically the same as vonki said, there ain't gonna be good players who open-limp like that. :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

Well, better opponents most likely wouldn't limp and if he even has he may easily have set there which we still beat and need to protect.