FLOP ($0.70) 4:diamond: A:diamond: 9:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.48, SB calls $0.48

TURN ($1.66) 4:diamond: A:diamond: 9:spade: K:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.13, SB raises to $3.05, Hero calls $1.92

RIVER ($7.76) 4:diamond: A:diamond: 9:spade: K:spade: 7:club:

SB bets $6.15 (AI), Hero folds

SB wins $7.38

25/15 AF 1.6 hands 93

hmm if i did note hit the King i will fold but still i have second pair and nut flush draw i dunno if i can fold that turn
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Is SB a fish? If he is you can value bet your second pair + NFD. Otherwise though, checking behind is probably better. A reg will fold everything you beat but might bluff river if he has a FD himself and misses while a fish will call a FD again and give up on river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Shady9966,

Don't like the idea of Betting the turn, you got there showdown value and you don't really want to face a Check/Raise there which will be hard to Call for us. Rather Check behind, you ain't making any better hands to fold anyways.

Best Regards.
    • Shady9966
      Shady9966
      Global
      maybe i don't make better hands to fold by raiseing but i deffinetly make the pot bigger so if i hit my flush i most likely go for stakcs that's the reason behind betting the turn.. good bad thinking?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shady9966
      maybe i don't make better hands to fold by raiseing but i deffinetly make the pot bigger so if i hit my flush i most likely go for stakcs that's the reason behind betting the turn.. good bad thinking?
      You make the pot bigger with the worse hand and ~25% equity against his range for calling the turn. If he doesn't fold anything better and doesn't call worse ON THE TURN, do you consider firing river when you miss? Would he fold some Ax hands in his range? If your plan is bet flop, bet turn and check river when you miss, betting the turn is bad. If you plan on betting river you have to carefully asses your FE against your opponent and his range. If he raises his 2pair+ on flop or turn and is not a station it's probably OK to fire and make him fold some Ax but it's hard to calculate how many of his Ax actually fold.

Strangely enough, betting that turn with a hand like QJo would be OK because you can still make him fold a hand like TT, 9x and you might beat some of his FDs at showdown. When you have so much showdown value and the nut redraw it's not good to bet and get thrown of your hand OR isolate against a very strong range.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Shady9966
      We can't go for stacks there which is Check/Raising big, it would be in long run lost money. :) So I'd say pretty standard spot to just Check behind. Just for the idea to get greedy and Bet to build up the pot... that's not really a good reason to Bet. :(