Party/bwin merger, will player base be combining ?

• JohnJames97
      JohnJames97
      Bronze
      Hi,

Am curious to know if the player pool will be merged , so as to be able to play each other, ie; current ongame and party players ?
      If so, when ?
      What software will be used, the party or ongame or are their plans for totally new software ?

Thanks
  • 12 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi John,

I'll escalate this and see if we can get any statement on this.

Ingrid
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hi John,

I'll escalate this and see if we can get any statement on this.

Ingrid
      I know that during the first quarter of 2012 they'll merge players on Party software. But only bwin players, not all accounts from the Ongame network.
    • morris979
      morris979
      Bronze
      If they merge the player pools will we have to open a new account or use one of the existing ones? I expect there will be some players with accounts at both sites who will be affected in some way.

I am tracked at Bwin but not at Party so it will be interesting to see how this works in practice.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by morris979
      If they merge the player pools will we have to open a new account or use one of the existing ones? I expect there will be some players with accounts at both sites who will be affected in some way.

I am tracked at Bwin but not at Party so it will be interesting to see how this works in practice.
      Good question there,

I'm sure all this will be published closer to the time of merge. I doubt the poker rooms will give out any specifics until then I'm afraid.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • RichardK
      RichardK
      Bronze
      Hi,

As of today PartyPoker and bwin will not merge their liquidity pool before Q3 2012. We assume they will use the PartyPoker software or an updated version of that software by then. They will just merge their liquidity pools, not their brands. You will still be able to have an account on bwin and one at PartyPoker (but most probably these accounts cannot be used at the same time in order to avoid collusion).

At the moment PartyPoker and bwin already merging their liquidity pool for the launch of a common liquidity pool in Spain after the Spanish regulation sets in. Here they will use the PartyPoker software.

Best,
      Richard
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Thanks Richard for popping by :)
    • colo81
      colo81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by morris979

ufff, i have the same situation.

news about this ??? :D
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi colo81,

RichardK has pretty much covered this already just a couple of posts above.

Obviously it's still very early days but rest assured that Bwin/Party will give their players plenty of notice of any changes.

It is also in their interest to ensure that players do not lose out in any way post merger, so don't worry adversely, I'm sure they will look after us all.

And of course PokerStrategy.com will let all members know more just as soon as things are progressed.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Erevos
      Erevos
      Bronze
      It seems they merged today. Bwin has a party-like software and you are not allowed to open both clients at the same time. I checked they have the exact same cash tables. Also you can't see vpip at tables which SUCKS big time :P
      But did bwin leave the ongame network? I am not sure. Where are all those fish now? plz help me with that :D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hello Erevos,

Yes the Party Network and Bwin.com merge was done yesterday evening, hence they left the Ongame Network :)

You are allowed to have a tracked account on both but of course it is not allowed to play on both at the same time.

Also, with the last Party Poker update the vpip statistic was removed.

I hope this helps.
      Ingrid
    • Phoenix2104
      Phoenix2104
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Obviously it's still very early days but rest assured that Bwin/Party will give their players plenty of notice of any changes.

It is also in their interest to ensure that players do not lose out in any way post merger, so don't worry adversely, I'm sure they will look after us all.
      Hmmm, not exactly...
      They merged yesterday with NO notice in advance whatsoever.
      More than this, I have lost ALL the tournament tickets I had in my account AND the bonus I was at 60% of clearing has vanished as well.
      I mailed their support and I got a reply that the biggest poker site is being created giving me no answers at all about the problems I'm having.
      And that's on top of the, expected, changes for the worse because of migrating to the Party Poker software.
    • Phoenix2104
      Phoenix2104
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Erevos
      Where are all those fish now?
      Welcome to the world of Super Mega Party Poker Nits.
      Also no "Players/Flop %" and "Average Pot" at Party Poker software, so no way you can possibly table select.