Evaluate my plan please!

Bronze
      Currently I'm playing 5.50$ 10man SNGs on Ipoker.

I want to achieve a nice winrate in future so I'm currently working really hard to improve my game. However, I've heard that SNGs don't offer too much return beyond the 20$-30$ level (is that true?). Thus my plan is to reach the 10$ or 20$ level and then switch to SH cash games as they seem to be the most profitable and offer the possibility to climb up the levels that is way greater compared to SNGs.

The reason I'm not switching to SH cash games straight away is that I've heard that it's not worth bothering with them in the micro stakes because SNG's are way fishier at that level.

Does my plan make sense? Should I perhaps switch to SH cash games straight away instead of switching later on a higher limit without the experience and skills I could have gotten by playing softer games?

And are my presumptions about the profitability of both of these poker formats correct?
  • 5 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I think SH cash games are definetly profitable at lower stakes. However i believe the 1 table sng's pretty much die out around the $50 level where you will find almost only regs. (perhaps even earlier)

If you like the 10man sng's just play them. However as you said.. after a certain level you simply can't climb higher so that's why i don't bother with them.

I think a more logical choice is switching to 18/27/45/90/180 man sng's which will also help you become a good tournament player ;) But just keep playing them till you feel that it's not worth it anymore and then switching to cash or the MT sng's is best if you ask
      Bronze
      But if I plan to switch to cash games, wouldn't it make more sense to make the switch now and stop studying SnGs, which I won't be playing in the future?

Wouldn't it make more sense to switch to MT SnGs straight away in order to gain experience?
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      But if I plan to switch to cash games, wouldn't it make more sense to make the switch now and stop studying SnGs, which I won't be playing in the future?

Wouldn't it make more sense to switch to MT SnGs straight away in order to gain experience?

I personally would. But it's your own decision. If you really like the single table sng's there's no reason to stop playing them. Or if your crushing the single table sng's i'd just keep playing them too.

You can also play a combination of both. You still have enough room to go up in single table sng's
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      sngs might not give good money at high stakes, but MTTs I guess do - look at sunday milion - even fish at satelites come to this. So if you like/have time for MTTs then its ok.
      Bronze
      How do you evaluate SH cash games in terms of the room to climb up the limits?