pokerstars on mac

• mhedegaard
      mhedegaard
      Bronze
      Has anyone some experience with how well the software from party poker works on a mac? I've tried some other sites, but there is a lot of features, that you can't use on a mac. For instance it isn't compatible with pokertracker or you can only play tournaments in the browser.
  • 2 replies
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Hallo!

Do you want to play on Party Poker or do you want to play on Pokerstar?
    • PlasmaLine
      PlasmaLine
      Bronze
      Hi,
      yeah I've tried both the windows and Mac versions of PokerStars and PartyPoker

PokerStars is very well programmed for Mac with no restrictions compared to the windows version as far as I can tell. Does also work with the Mac version of PokerTracker.

PartyPoker software for Mac however is only functional for standard Hold'em Cash Games - this means there is no support for SNG's etc (= you can't play them!)
      Also the general appearance seems to be reduced to its core functionality - so I wouldn't recommend it (That's why I invested in Parallels + Windows :) )
      Ah, and with PartyPoker software there is also a (IMO) big draw back of saving the hand history - it somehow saves it in a different format, so that it's not compatible with tracker software and you even cannot use online hand converters.

Cheers, hope this was a help for you.