[NL2-NL10] NL25: T3o as CO poster

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $5.27
      UTG:
      $30.38
      UTG+1:
      $28.75
      MP2:
      $19.28
      Hero:
      $5

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3:club: , T:heart: . Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
      UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, MP3 folds, Hero checks, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.35) 9:diamond: , A:spade: , T:spade: (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.35) 2:heart: (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.35) 7:heart: (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets $1, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.00, BB folds.

should be an easy fold with midpair no kicker. but whyever I didn't give him an A, and no pocket pair. J8 for a straight? No. I took it as a bluff. Comments?

Final Pot: $3.35
  • 6 replies
      Bronze
      Not bad. I don't like to take too big interest in hands like that so I usually check/fold them to the bitter end, but I don't think that a river call's bad.
    • carusel
      carusel
      Bronze
      i don't like the call
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Ahh ignore mee :)
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      According to basic SSS you did well ,except from calling on river,should be c/f and I
      do the same c/f way in most of such situations without reads on my opps,but this
      constant checking in these limits shows weakness,if you want this pot,when they check to you on turn ,you can bet .It is bad habit wait until the river.If you did bet,you would know where you are.Of course I understand you main worry-5 opps,one probably have rag A.Question to experts-what should be bet in this situation -1/3 or 1/2 pot size?
      When I`m studying poker ,I think not only about this limit.
      A few quotes from TV:
      1)Tony G -it`s all about control-he checks,you bet,he reraises you can fold (not
      SSS ,but simple poker truth).
      2)Howard Lederer-good players from great ones differs that they take down those
      small pots which others don`t want(about Phil Ivey on Monte Carlo cash
      invitational).
      Good luck.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      i would fold, too much of thinking for NL 25. T5+ beats you, J8 and any Ax. given the passiveness of NL 25 players, Ax here is very much possible. So I would fold and wait for a better spot
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      i would fold, too much of thinking for NL 25. T5+ beats you, J8 and any Ax. given the passiveness of NL 25 players, Ax here is very much possible. So I would fold and wait for a better spot
      Yep not necessary here to call I agree in the meantime. Thx.