Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1,98
      UTG1:
      $1,46

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , T:diamond:
      UTG1 calls $0,02, 6 folds, Hero calls $0,01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,06) A:heart: , 6:heart: , 5:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,04, BB folds, UTG1 calls $0,04.

Turn: ($0,14) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,1, UTG1 calls $0,10.

River: ($0,34) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $0,16, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0,50

The flop is not bad, I have a pair of ace with a medium kicker. The board is not too drawn heavy, but not safest at all, I bet, 1 fold 1 call.
      Turn: the four can make a straight draw, or he already have the straight. I decide to bet again, if he still have only flush or straight draw.
      River: If he was on a hearth draw, he get his flush, so I decide to not bet again.
  • 3 replies
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Hi,

As part of my Lesson 5 Homework, I've been asked to evaluate a hand so you're the lucky guy!!

Ok, Pre-Flop you could maybe have raised to punish the limp. On the flop you should bet more so as not to price him in on any draws he might have and I have to disagree the board is very draw-heavy! He's getting good odds to hit his straight/flush. The turn could definitely hit a limpers range, 56s, 78s, Ace Small, but a bet is fine but, again, you should bet bigger but be prepared to fold if he re-raises or shows aggression. On the river the fold is fine, what are you really beating?

As played, be a bit more aggressive with your bet sizes and limpers but the fold on the river was fine.

Thanks
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      Hi!

I prefer pre iso with that hand, its very strong against a limp range.

Flop and turn bet standard. River is the question. The flush got there, and he can have other aces. Because hes passive you either ch/f the river or bbet/fold ~0.11-13.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jeszkar,

Either way your play is fine. But myself I'd also prefer rather to isolate preflop while our hand is strong enough there. :) Postflop seems to be fine, I like the Bet sizes.

Best Regards.