:2s: :Tc:
      Xiphiasgladius SHOWS
      :2c: :2h:
      Xiphiasgladius wins the pot: $0.07

1) I think on the flop i shoul have bet to try to represent that A
  • 2 replies
    • luizsilveira
      Hi, MeAmor22!

To be honest, I don't like the call preflop. Even though it's suited and connected it's still a bit too weak and tough to play profitably postflop because you will more often than not get only a draw. Don't forget from time to time you will lose big to a higher flush.

On this hand you got position and once the two players in front of you checked you could, yes, stab and try to represent the ace. However, how much that is effective depends a lot on the opponents and, at this stake, I doubt I'd find many folds as people too often play weak aces. If it was against one player only it would be much better; against two you increase a lot your chances of getting called. Still, that flop was "dry" (there is not a single possible draw present) so that makes it less likely that your opponents will have a hand they can call with.

So it could be done, but it will certainly not bring you a lot of profit (if any) since often they'll call and you'll lose your bet (considering your hand doesn't have any ways of improving; in this case you can't even "get lucky" on the turn). If you bet potsize, they need to fold 50% of the time for you to break even; if they fold more than 50% in this spot it won't be much more, meaning you might have "missed" less than 1c by not betting - if at all.

It's certainly not from this type of hand that your profit comes from on the micro limits; rather, play strong hands, and play them aggressively from the start.

Good luck at the tables :)
    • cpers
      To be honest, I don't like the hand format. It's harder to read and long :f_biggrin: And it's not unknown hope my hand doesn't get post there.