MP1: $0.98
      MP2: $2.73
      CO: $2.01
      BTN: $2.00
      Hero (SB): $2.00
      BB: $2.74
      UTG: $2.00

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with J:diamond: Q:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks

Flop: ($0.08) 7:diamond: 4:diamond: J:club: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 bets $0.04, CO calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, BB folds

Turn: ($0.20) T:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.10, CO raises to $0.26, Hero ?????
  • 2 replies
    • cpers
      I'd prefer isolating preflop.
      As played, bet pot size on flop. On the turn, against unknown it's a bit hard to decide. He might hit a set or two-pair with JT. But I'd probably call here, and b/f or c/c if he bets half pot on the river.
    • luizsilveira
      Olá, kolonel71!

You may indeed raise it preflop to try avoiding playing out of position against too many opponents. But at these limits and agasinst two limpers I don't think it's a big problem to just call and try to hit a good flop, especially since your hand is suited and plays ok multiway. If you raise they'll most likely call anyway, then you'll play a big pot out of position multiway with a marginal hand - usually not a good idea.

On the flop your hands is pretty strong, you have top pair with decent kicker and strong flush draw. You're very likely way ahead all 3 players and there is no such think as slowplaying on a limped pot so I'd go on and bet myself. You can even bet as big as potsize. Be aggressive with your strong hands!

On the turn it's close and difficult indeed. The pot is fairly small so I wouldn't mind folding and waiting for a better and more certain spot. However, I think players will overplay lower flushes and one-diamond type of hand often enough to make a re-raise profitable. I just think the bad play is calling: you want to charge them if they have a hand like a pair with only one high :diamond: that they won't fold anyway. So I'd say just raise it up or fold. By calling you might either let them get there for free with one high :diamond: or also lose action... if they have a very low flush or a straight or set they might fold river with 4 :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: on the board - and of course we don't want that! So the time to put the money in is now, on the turn.

In these limits against unknowns I'd assume they can overplay lower flushes and hands like JT, TT and K :diamond: J, A :diamond: J and even 89 with one diamond.

So... even if you consider ALL A :diamond: x :diamond: combos you still crush his range if you think he plays one-diamond type of hands and straights with one diamond that way. Plus I've added 44 as a consideration he *might* play a set that way sometimes:

Board: 7:diamond: 4:diamond: J:club:  T:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    69.47%  69.47%   0.00% { QdJd }
      MP3    30.53%  30.53%   0.00% { 44, JTs, KdAd, QdAd, JdAd, TdAd, 9dAd, 8dAd, 7dAd, 6dAd, 5dAd, 4dAd, 3dAd, 2dAd, AdJd, KdJd, KdTd, 9d8d, JTo, AdJh, AdJs, AdJc, KdJh, KdJs, KdJc, KdTh, KdTs, KdTc, 9d8h, 9d8s, 9d8c, 9h8d, 9s8d, 9c8d }

Bare in mind I'm not even considering lower flushes. There are not that many combinations but still, if we do you're in great shape of course:

Board: 7:diamond: 4:diamond: J:club:  T:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    70.31%  70.31%   0.00% { QdJd }
      MP3    29.69%  29.69%   0.00% { 44, JTs, AdKd, AdQd, AdJd, KdJd, AdTd, KdTd, Ad9d, Td9d, Ad8d, 9d8d, Ad7d, 8d7d, Ad6d, 7d6d, Ad5d, 6d5d, Ad4d, Ad3d, Ad2d, JTo, AdJh, AdJs, AdJc, KdJh, KdJs, KdJc, KdTh, KdTs, KdTc, 9d8h, 9d8s, 9d8c, 9h8d, 9s8d, 9c8d }

So yeah, as you can see it's an easy re-raise and get it in. We're not exactly fistpumping since we'll lose sometimes both to a higher flush already or to some A :diamond: J that gets there on the river, but well... that's poker.