[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Jj

• nuxia
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      CO posts deadblind, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, CO checks, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.14, BB calls $0.12, 2 folds, CO folds.

Flop: ($0.32) T, 4, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.21, BB raises to $1.35(All-In), Hero calls $1.14.

Turn: ($3.02) A (2 players)

River: ($3.02) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.02.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of jacks(Jh Js).
      BB shows three of a kind, aces(As Ah).

BB wins with three of a kind, aces(As Ah).

My first hand of BSS..... zzZZ.
      Should I have folded the turn?
  • 2 replies
    • eXtremeACE
      Hello nuxia,

It's really down to the particular villain you're playing up against.. Do you have HUD installed?

I liked how you played it preflop, you should raise it up, and it's good that you've raised even slightly bigger than 6x BB, because you'll be OOP postflop.

On the rather dry flop you're holding an overpair. It all depends on the villain now, I think, but usually someone who goes that aggressive it usually means he has something good.. "TIP: when you get check/raised in microstake, unless you have read on them and see they're check/raising happy, it usually means they have a strong made hand or a strong draw". However you'll still come across players who will push their bluffs in this spot, or even their 3rd best pair..

Just my opinion,
      Best regards,
    • veriz
      Hello nuxia,

I guess what you meant if you should fold the flop. :) But against his stack and shipping range we can't really fold there. He may easily do that as well with Tx. Nice hand!

Best Regards.