$0.49
      SB:
      $2.87
      BB:
      $2.18
      MP1:
      $0.81

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, 9.
      2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.04, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.14, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.36, Hero raises to $0.49, MP3 calls $0.13.

Flop: ($1.01) Q, 8, K (2 players)

Turn: ($1.01) J (2 players)

River: ($1.01) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.01.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of nines(9 9).
      MP3 shows three of a kind, aces(A A).

MP3 wins with three of a kind, aces(A A).

I forgot to set in the Auto rebuy after I lost my hand with JJ, so I had to play on with the amount that was left.

Given the stack, was that played ok?
  • 4 replies
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Hello nuxia,

Firstly: always have auto-rebuy set on. You can have the best hand in the world and with ~25BB's you can't do much, can you?

Secondly: Some would argue that you should be playing PP's like 99 for set value only, and I personaly I think 99-JJ should be played for more than raw set value.. However, I hope that you did realise that given the effective stack is only ~25BB's you aren't playing them for value (also that preflop action is not how you should go after playing for set value, anyway), as you're hitting a set once in 7.5 to 1..

In your case, given you're so shortstacked I would basically ask myself: "Am I willing to go all in preflop with 99 against an unknown MP3 player?". If he is somewhat decent, he could be opening with 22+, ATs+, JTs+, KJ+ versus which you have ~54.5% equity (a coinflip basically).. So it's whether you push or fold, IMO.. EDIT: my range is actually more toward SH, and I just seen you're playing FR but it shouldn't change much, it will be just slightly tighter..

When you 3bet him, he's folding a majority of weak hands (bluffs) and only continuing with stronger, so in essence you're turning your hand into a bluff..

So to finish this, I actually think you've played this hand badly, it was much better to either go all in preflop (forget miraises and raise big) or just fold because the effective stack size is not good enough for set mining.. The effective stack must be ~20x the bet amount you're about to call..

By the way, I'm not a hand judge, just a fellow player, so wait until a professional answer you. :) All the best nuxia!
      -eXtremeACE
    • nuxia
      nuxia
      Bronze
      Originally posted by eXtremeACE
      Hello nuxia,

Firstly: always have auto-rebuy set on. You can have the best hand in the world and with ~25BB's you can't do much, can you?

Secondly: Some would argue that you should be playing PP's like 99 for set value only, and I personaly I think 99-JJ should be played for more than raw set value.. However, I hope that you did realise that given the effective stack is only ~25BB's you aren't playing them for value (also that preflop action is not how you should go after playing for set value, anyway), as you're hitting a set once in 7.5 to 1..

In your case, given you're so shortstacked I would basically ask myself: "Am I willing to go all in preflop with 99 against an unknown MP3 player?". If he is somewhat decent, he could be opening with 22+, ATs+, JTs+, KJ+ versus which you have ~54.5% equity (a coinflip basically).. So it's whether you push or fold, IMO.. EDIT: my range is actually more toward SH, and I just seen you're playing FR but it shouldn't change much, it will be just slightly tighter..

When you 3bet him, he's folding a majority of weak hands (bluffs) and only continuing with stronger, so in essence you're turning your hand into a bluff..

So to finish this, I actually think you've played this hand badly, it was much better to either go all in preflop (forget miraises and raise big) or just fold because the effective stack size is not good enough for set mining.. The effective stack must be ~20x the bet amount you're about to call..

By the way, I'm not a hand judge, just a fellow player, so wait until a professional answer you. :) All the best nuxia!
      -eXtremeACE
      I did go all in preflop though.
      But mainly because I was a little mad at my JJ hand which happened just one hand ago and both villians had AA's. It's obviously bad of me to have emotional attachments between hands. Something I will work on.

ExtremeAce, thank you for your advice. Really appreciate it!
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      I did go all in preflop though. But mainly because I was a little mad at my JJ hand which happened just one hand ago and both villians had AA's. It's obviously bad of me to have emotional attachments between hands. Something I will work on.

ExtremeAce, thank you for your advice. Really appreciate it!

Oh right, sorry when I saw that your 4bet was from 0.36$ to 0.49$ I though you were min-raising, which is bad - doesn't accomplish much.
      But now I see that you went basically all in with that move, so in fact you did the 3bet/4bet/shove move it's just you'be been so shortstacked it hardly looked like it. :) That's actually the best you can do given your situation if you want to go all in..

Seems like you have some tilting problems, don't worry most of us have/had at some point, that's why there is NL2.. Practice there, learn game, and try to disconnect yourself from emotions when playing poker.

By the way, wait for professional hand judge, don't take everything I say from granted.

All the best,
      -eXtremeACE
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nuxia,

With your stack I doubt that we can do much different here. But yeah, rebuy or try using auto-rebuy. :)

Best Regards.