CO bets $1, Hero folds

CO wins $1.67

14/10 cbet 75 TCB 100 hands 154

i will fold almost every turn here against him
  • 5 replies
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Turn is ugly, but why did you play your queens so passively preflop and on the flop?
      Sure he's 14/10, but he's open raised from CO, if he's a positionally aware player his range there has to be wider.. You can check his ATS stat and his positional VPIP/PFR to see whether he's positionaly-aware or not.

If you've played your QQ for set value only I think you're underestimating their value by a lot, and if you didn't, you've played them wrong. After all they are the 3rd best starting hand in the Hold'em..

I would 3bet preflop, and then depends on his stat decide whether or not to go all in pf.. Vs his flat I'll be in position and would re-evaluate on flop.. Probably will fire on any board, but even if he donked, seeing him having a 75% cbet, I might opt to even call and try to take the pot on the turn..

Now turn is pretty scary card, bad for your hand, but just remember that he might have seen that as well and is basically using a scary card to get you out of the pot. Still, 14/10 guy, I'll give him more respect with A on board..

Just my rambling mate, wait for professional hand judge. :)
      -eXtremeACE
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Shady9966,

Unfortunately we can't do much there. I'd most likely play the same way as you did. Nice hand!

Best Regards.
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Shady9966,

Unfortunately we can't do much there. I'd most likely play the same way as you did. Nice hand!

Best Regards.
      Veriz, not that I doubt your knowledge and experience of playing poker, nor am I trying to make myself look smart, but why do you encourage just calling with QQ preflop? Aren't you then like doomed most of the time postflop, when your hand isn't atleast overpair? If you'd raised you'll have initiative and you'll be able to pick up the pot other times with cbet when you miss?

Could you please elaborate more on this?
      Thanks
    • Shady9966
      Shady9966
      Global
      his a nit PFR 10 so his range from UTG it's very very tight , you 3bet just to fold to a 4bet? i will call and fold alot of the flops when i don't improve , maybe call a cbet time to time when the flop looks good.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by eXtremeACE
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Shady9966,

Best Regards.
      Veriz, not that I doubt your knowledge and experience of playing poker, nor am I trying to make myself look smart, but why do you encourage just calling with QQ preflop? Aren't you then like doomed most of the time postflop, when your hand isn't atleast overpair? If you'd raised you'll have initiative and you'll be able to pick up the pot other times with cbet when you miss?

Could you please elaborate more on this?
      Thanks
      Yep, Shady already mentioned that he is a huge nit for SH and there is no way we can do the 3bet for value. It's either we playing 3bet/Fold or just Call and play it postflop for the set value and maybe even overpair.