This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Bad raise, bad fold or both?

• jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2,23
      MP1:
      $1,76
      CO:
      $3,91
      Hero:
      $2,02

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , Q:spade:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,02, 2 folds, CO calls $0,02, Hero calls $0,02, SB calls $0,01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,10) Q:club: , J:club: , 5:diamond: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, CO bets $0,08, Hero raises to $0,24, 3 folds, CO raises to $0,40, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0,74

Bad raise, bad fold or both?
  • 5 replies
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      I'd raise pre flop to ~0.12, bet flop and probably fold to a raise. As played your fold is fine but I don't particularly like your raise, for the most part calling and re-evaluating turn is fine. In terms of the reasons why you raise pre, you're thinning the field with a hand that plays well in position vs 1-2 opponents and take full advantage of players fold to cbet% post flop, especially when HU.

EDIT-- Also you're playing post flop with initiative, which is super important.
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Raise preflop. I also don't like your re-raise on flop. I am not a big fan of bilding pot in limped pots unles if you have realy strong hand. So just call his raise on flop and evaluate on turn.
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Why everyone say raise preflop hands like KQ, AT? The articles said only raise when I'm the first who enter the pot.
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      Apologies, as someone early in their Poker career, calling behind after 2 limpers is okay with KQo :) Post flop, due to the amount of draws on that board and so many opponents I prefer to call CO's lead and make a decision on the turn, hoping to get to showdown as cheaply as possible and by doing so you can get away easily if there's a lot of action from the other players.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jeszkar,

Preflop: With the position and very horrible hand to play in multiway pot as KQo I'd really rather raise here. The hand is horrible to play postflop.

As played
      Postflop: As I was passive preflop then I'd also go for way ahead/behind situation here and just Call and reevaluate on further streets.

Best Regards.