fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.75) 4:heart: K:heart: K:diamond:

Hero bets $0.50, BTN calls $0.50

TURN ($1.75) 4:heart: K:heart: K:diamond: Q:spade:

Hero bets $1, BTN calls $1

RIVER ($3.75) 4:heart: K:heart: K:diamond: Q:spade: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1, Hero folds

BTN wins $3.57

BTN is tight, and even if he calls preflop, he folds to cbets a lot, so I thought its ok to open this hand.

On turn I made 2nd barrell to get rid of his FDs and some 2nd pairs. I used to cbet on turns not often, so maybe this is a spot where I could 2nd barrel I thought. But on the other hand - he had high fold to cbet, so when he calls, it indicates strenght, so I should give up.
  • 5 replies
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Exploiting high frequency to fold to cbet is great IMO, and is basically like printing money, you can open with ATC, blindly cbet and 75% you'll get folds and take dead money..

But why continue to barrel when he called your cbet, he made a move that's not usual for him, that should trigger your alert mode.

I also agree it's good to second barrel in some spots, to make them fold their FDs and some 2nd pairs, it's just vs this guy I would be really careful when he calls my cbet and would try to keep a pot small, go for a pot control, after all your hand sucks, because vs any re-raise you're folding..

Just my thoughts, waiting for hand judge to see his. :)
      -eXtremeACE
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Seems to be fine, especially when he even has a high fold to CB. Nice hand! He may still fold a lot of PPs and even draws on the turn.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Seems to be fine, especially when he even has a high fold to CB. Nice hand! He may still fold a lot of PPs and even draws on the turn.

Best Regards.
      But isn't this player folding PPs right on flop because of his high fold to cbet?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Best Regards.
      But isn't this player folding PPs right on flop because of his high fold to cbet?
      Why should he fold PPs right on the flop? And if you assume that then you should just Check/Fold it. :) Don't really see why did you CB there then?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Why should he fold PPs right on the flop? And if you assume that then you should just Check/Fold it. Don't really see why did you CB there then?

That is what I try to figure out :) I don't know exactly how such player with such fold to cbet plays with PPs on this flop :) But now I will try to remember what you said.