BB ($10.15)
      Hero ($10.12)
      UTG+1 ($10.26)
      CO ($24.46)
      BTN ($37.77)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:club:

Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.35, fold

FLOP ($0.90) 8:diamond: Q:heart: T:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.68, SB raises to $1.95, Hero raises to $9.72 (AI), SB calls $7.77

TURN ($20.34) 8:diamond: Q:heart: T:heart: 4:club:

RIVER ($20.34) 8:diamond: Q:heart: T:heart: 4:club: J:club:

Hero shows K:spade: K:club:
      (Pre 81%, Flop 12.1%, Turn 4.5%)

SB shows T:diamond: T:club:
      (Pre 19%, Flop 87.9%, Turn 95.5%)

SB wins $19.33

25/13 cbetraise 17% hands 83
  • 5 replies
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      you really like to shove a lot!!

you overplay all the hands i have seen you post(top pair overpairs draws)! and when you overplay hands you have calls only from better hands and you lose value from worse hands!
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I think the flop 3b shove is a bit overplayed here. What I would ask myself in this spot is:

"is my opponent capable of playing a worse hand or draw this way? If so what worse hands would he call a 3bet with?"

I think a fold against this one bet is too weak however.

Yes, he can be check raising with weaker QX (eg QK/AQ/QJ in particular) here and some combo draws like J :heart: K :heart: , 9 :heart: J :heart: for example.

I would specifically look at his aggression factor. If it is abnormally high then chances are that he might be overplaying weaker hands and draws in which case your 3b for value/protection may be justified.

If its pretty low then I might look at just calling and re-evaluating the turn in position since we can often check behind if he checks to try to get to showdown cheaply. If he bets big on the turn it is mostly a fold for me since it will be costly for us to get to showdown (probably our whole stack) against what is most likely 2pr+.

IMO Without further reads that he would overplay TP / draws here I would not 3b on the flop as it tends to isolate us against 2pr +
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Shady9966,

First thing I'd do here I'd CB ~$0,80 here while it's so super drawy. Afterwards it would mainly depend on the opponent and our expectations. Most likely while he seems to be even with high Check/Raise value there we might even add draws into his Check/Raise range. But the question is if he could play Qx hand this way?

If we do consider him also to have draws in his Check/Range there and maybe even bluffs then I do like your line. We can't really Call, what we gonna do on the turn? Also with the Call we just give him free cards. :) So it must be decided right on the flop, we either ship the money or just fold the hand.

Best Regards.
    • Shady9966
      Shady9966
      Global
      I think he will go broke there with tirps KQ and AQ or flushdraw + straight draw, so against this range i'm doing good i think
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Shady9966
      I think he will go broke there with tirps KQ and AQ or flushdraw + straight draw, so against this range i'm doing good i think
      If you are putting him on such a range then yep. :) Go-Broke spot.