[NL2-NL10] AQ very passive flop play :(

• RDKNAUF91
      RDKNAUF91
      Bronze
      I think preflop thats pretty close (call vs 3bet)

On flop standart here would be Cbet ,but when I thinked about it hes range here is probably AK,AQ,KQ,QQ ,JJ AJ ,TT sometimes even small pocket pairs. So whats the point from Cbet ???Because I dont want to see a lot of action with such a marginal hand and this hand i think is not so strong for 3 streets of value ?if we check flop then he later maybe will call us down with pairs. Problem is that he can start to bluff us out of hand.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $3,7
      Hero:
      $4,18

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , Q:diamond:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0,12, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0,28.

Flop: ($0,86) A:spade: , 8:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0,86) T:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,41, Hero calls $0,41.

River: ($1,68) 6:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1,2, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2,88
  • 2 replies
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I understand what you are saying regarding the c-bet. Not many worse hands in his range will call us.

BUT, we only have 15 hands on villain here. If we have many more and we know for sure that he is only calling 3bets OOP here with TT+/AJ+ then I agree that a delayed c-bet is better for value maybe.

However, I think that since villain is pretty much unknown I would not assume too much about what kinds of hands he is calling 3bets with. As well, I think that if we just c-bet the flop it:

1) Allows us to play to hand more easily, i.e if we get c/raised here then we are boned. If we get called, we can re-evaluate the turn and have the option to check behind sometimes on the turn or fold. We will also have a pretty good idea of where we are in the hand.

2)we dont give a free card if he has called us with some junk or SC's or something
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RDKNAUF91,

Well, even if you Check behind there then you practically turned him to bluff against you. Why didn't you Call the river? :)

Most likely I'd still Cb the flop while the opponent may even have worse hands and we might even need to protect our hand.

Best Regards.